• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Looking at the video, it's kind of amazing no one is dead. 2 people were seriously injured but it could have been much worse. Concrete and metal basically became shrapnel that flew as far as 100 yards into adjoining businesses, the street, and parked cars.

I tried to embed the video here but failed. Story linked below.

Twenty people were injured after a vacant pizza restaurant exploded in a South Florida shopping plaza Saturday, according to police.

The blast sent debris flying along a busy road in Plantation, west of Fort Lauderdale in Broward County. The restaurant was destroyed, and nearby businesses were damaged.

“We thought it was thunder at first, and then we felt the building shake and things started falling. I looked outside and it was almost like the world was ending,” said Alex Carver, who works at a deli across the street from the explosion. “It was nuts, man. It was crazy.”

The Plantation fire department called it a gas explosion. The blast scattered large pieces of concrete as far as 50 yards (46 meters) away and sent pieces of metal as far as 100 yards (91 meters) across the street. Carver said two of his co-workers’ cars were destroyed.

The explosion demolished the building, leaving behind only part of its metal frame. It blew out the windows of a popular fitness club next door.

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/l-a-fitness-explodes-following-gas-explosion-in-florida/

Attachments

• broward_co_explosion_banner.jpg
    broward_co_explosion_banner.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 597
Last edited:
It just looks like bomb aftermath, right. They aren't saying it may have been a bomb??

It was a gas like right?
(I need it to be a gas leak, human error. Not something sinister.)

They found ruptured gas lines in the damaged area and they originally called it a gas explosion but now they're saying it's not confirmed that this was the cause. I guess because the gas lines could have also just been damaged when everything exploded.

This is the working theory though. It's extremely lucky that the store that took the worst hit wasn't occupied. Sounds like most of the injuries came from the LA Fitness next door.

Back