• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A mother has come under scrutiny after a video of her raging at a dog handler for not allowing her daughter to pet a service dog went viral.

In the altercation filmed on December 19, Megan Stoff was with a golden retriever, Nala, in a busy Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania shopping mall, when a mother and her young daughter approached them.

Asking if her daughter could pet the working pooch, Megan and a co-worker told the mother 'no', as petting a service dog can interfere with its training.

Allegedly, just minutes later, after walking away the woman returned in a rage and began shouting at Megan and her co-workers.

Meghan decided to begin filming the outburst, and the clip has since been watched more than four million times.

The mother says: 'That was definitely very rude how she talked to me.

'Firstly you should have a sign [saying not to touch the dog], and secondly she should not have said "no", she could've said "sorry the dog is in training", that would've been nicer.'

Megan tells the woman to walk away, and points out Nala's vest has the words 'Please do not pet me I'm working' written on both sides of it, along with 'Do not touch' and 'Do not pet'.

She adds that it's illegal to 'harass a service dog'.

Expressing her contempt at the manner in which she was told 'no', the mother soon realizes she's being filmed and tensions escalate further when she threatens to call her lawyer.

The mother continues: 'You are recording without my consent.

'It's illegal and I'm going to call my lawyer right now.'

Continue to read the mother's version of events and see the video
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-video-shows-losing-service-dog-handler.html

I didn't think there was anybody in the world who didn't know you shouldn't pet a training dog, especially a service dog.

She says one of the trainers told her to fuck off, I don't believe that. She was just pissed because she didn't get what she wanted.

She says one of the trainers told her to fuck off
Even if that is true, personal rudeness on any side doesn't change the rules.
The mother had no right and was oblivious to the obvious signs.
Anyway, like the handler said, "I don't owe you anything." No matter what kind of dog, if the answer is no, you don't. It's that simple.
The little girl was taking it all in stride, but never drag your child to a fight. You don't know what the other person is going to do.

Uptight Mom's POV:
'We accepted the answer of NO and was proceeding to Starbucks line for coffee when my friend and I heard a woman from the group tell us to F*** off.

'My daughter was being held by me when she used profanity.

'I left Starbucks line to discuss my concerns of her profanity and clarification. After that the woman started recording me as shown.'

The mother has said that since the video went viral, she's received several hate messages on Facebook.

So what. You can't monitor the public for swearing behind your back just because you're toting a tot.

Last edited:
I think mom made up the part about them telling her to fuck off to try and explain her unreasonable actions. If they actually had told her to fuck off, and that was what she was upset about, she would have been complaining about that in the video. Instead she was just complaining about being told "no".

I'm sure it's lost on the woman that she showed her legal ignorance, not once, but twice during the encounter. As far as the "fuck off", it's doubtful that happened because it makes no sense. This woman probably finds many reasons to be offended every day. She needs drama more than she needs respect in her world.

I'm going to go with stupidity in her case. She believed she could win an argument with the doggo's owner. When it dawns on her she couldn't win and she's about to become the 'Internet Idiot of the Week', her brain just shuts off and out pours gibberish, and the hole only got bigger from there.

Definitely stupidity.

Back