• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Muriel Schwenck

Beloved Curmudgeon
camera.jpeg

17 July 2019
[...]
According to a lawsuit the [Washington] family filed Tuesday, an employee at the Stevens Brothers Funeral Home in Belle Glade took a photo of their daughter’s body on a mortuary slab before her funeral.

The family claims the employee then sent the photo to non-family members and it was later posted to social media.

“When I looked at the photo, I saw that it was taken in the prep room at the funeral home. My baby was partially clothed, on a mortuary slab with her hair pulled back,” said Deanna Washington, the mother of Jakiel Jones.

Jones was just 27 years old when she tragically lost her life in a car accident on I-95.

An attorney for the family says Jones’ body was so disfigured, her parents requested a closed casket funeral.

This family was devestated when they lost their daughter in a car crash back in Jan. To make things worse, they say an employee at The Stevens Brothers Funeral Home in Belle Glade took a photo of their daughter's body on the mortuary slab before her funeral & it wound up online.

Jones’ family is now suing the funeral home for damages, but her mother says this is about more than just money.

“I don’t ever want another family to experience what we experienced. If possible, if I can stop it here, I will stop it here,” Washington said.
[...]

LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrm. I am certain I've seen this posted already but I'll be damned if I can find it now.

I also feel like there was a different spin the first time around, like that Jakiel was in the background or otherwise peripherally visible in a photo about the funeral home's services. This story makes it sound way more malicious.

Fuck if I can find anything to back this up however. I KNOW it's the same person because it's an unusual name and she had a very specific look in the photos the family is using.

Any of this ringing a bell to anyone else or am I going crazy?

Attachments

• 16333588-7257437-Jakiel_Jones_pictured_family_said_that_the_Stevens_Brothers_fune-m-8_15637765...jpg
    16333588-7257437-Jakiel_Jones_pictured_family_said_that_the_Stevens_Brothers_fune-m-8_15637765...jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 84
Wrecked ‘um? Damn near kilt ‘um.
So a couple of days ago I called to schedule the pre-visit for my first colonoscopy (yay 50!) and the receptionist says "you're going to be seeing Dr. Rammage" and I said "that is a horrible, horrible damn name for a doctor who does what he does" and she died laughing and then told me that, even worse, she used to work for a Dr. Payne.

So at least I'm not seeing Dr. Payne, but I'm still less than enthusiastic.

So a couple of days ago I called to schedule the pre-visit for my first colonoscopy (yay 50!) and the receptionist says "you're going to be seeing Dr. Rammage" and I said "that is a horrible, horrible damn name for a doctor who does what he does" and she died laughing and then told me that, even worse, she used to work for a Dr. Payne.

So at least I'm not seeing Dr. Payne, but I'm still less than enthusiastic.
As far as I am concerned, you have won the fucking internet indefinitely.
Post automatically merged:

I did that two years ago. The prep was a nuisance, but that was the worst part of it. Since I couldn't find a ride back, I went through it awake. I just felt like I had a gas bubble in my belly the size of the Goodyear blimp.

--Al

I am supposed to have my first one next month. *dies a little inside”

Latest posts

Back