• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
So the new season of Fargo premiered last night. It kind of started slow to set everything up time-wise (1979), but it gained momentum pretty quickly in Coen Brothers fashion, and I can see the snowball becoming an avalanche (of corpses). I was super excited about a new season of this shit, and despite a 30+ year leap backwards between Bemidji and Sioux Falls, this one has the familiar feel of Fargo.

Anyone else all up ins?

The difference between the two seasons is like the difference between the movie and the series. There might be a few easter eggs or fun plot points you'd miss, but so far it doesn't seem essential to watch season 1 first.

This episode set up one of the supporting characters from Season 1 as one of the main characters for Season 2, and that seems to be the extent of the connection as of right now, other than the trope of "Nice people from Minnesota being awful." (Link leads to TV Tropes, which has a time-suck effect on some people; click at your own risk if you planned on doing something other than reading TV Tropes all day.)

Thanks I love the movie and fully intended on watching the series, but forgot about it, and well, life. I can go back, is it on Netflix, yet? I just got thru with about 300 episodes of NCIS, I can watch a few Fargos. LOL

I wanna watch the Dude again, cause, you know, man, the Dude, abides.

Back