• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.fox4news.com/news/frisco-pd-searching-for-aggressive-coyote-behind-several-attacks
Police say there have been four incidents happening between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. along Eldorado Parkway.

The first attack happened on October 26. The coyote attempted to jump on a runner, but it was scared off by another person.

The second attack happened on November 1. A coyote jumped on a 9-year-old who suffered minor injuries.

On November 11, a Frisco officer spotted the coyote stalking a jogger.

The most recent attack was Wednesday morning near Eldorado and Rogers Road. The coyote attacked a jogger. The runner suffered significant injuries to their neck and was taken to the hospital and underwent surgery.
[....]
Police are encouraging people to avoid running or walking in the Eldorado Parkway area until the aggressive coyote is captured.

Joggers are urged to carry something that makes a loud noise to scare the coyote off.

[...]

The first attack happened on October 26. The coyote attempted to jump on a runner, but it was scared off by another person.
[...]
The most recent attack was Wednesday morning [28 November 2018] near Eldorado and Rogers Road. The coyote attacked a jogger. The runner suffered significant injuries to their neck and was taken to the hospital and underwent surgery.

If it were rabid it would have long since died. I guess that's some small consolation, though the runner still needs the prophylactic vaccinations.

Joggers are urged to carry something that makes a loud noise to scare the coyote off.
Something that would launch an object in the coyote's direction would not be amiss either.

--Al

I had really hoped it was happening in nearby Wylie so i could make a joke about police looking for Wile E Coyote in Wylie.

Sure, if you can get a hockey puck launcher that makes a loud noise.

--Al

It's pretty noticeable that they aren't advocating people take their guns with them. Even though it would be legal here, they're concerned about collateral damage in such a populated area. That's one reason the little bastard's behavior is abnormal as well as being active during daylight hours and attacking prey as large as a human. They're all over the place down here but you normally wouldn't see them, fortunately. Still on the loose, btw.

my take because of the area, either some fool tried to raise one like a dog and dumped it or it got into and ate something that made it crazy if it isn't rabid because this isn't normal behavior and that isn't a usually rabid coyote area

Rabid, whatever... The coyote is out of hand.
If the coyote had mangled a toddler instead of stalking adult jogggers where is the difference?
One wonders about political correctness vs everyday commone sense

Rabid, whatever... The coyote is out of hand.
If the coyote had mangled a toddler instead of stalking adult jogggers where is the difference?
One wonders about political correctness vs everyday common sense
it has nothing to do with political correctness so much as people with guns that are bad shots, I think that is where the cop was that tried to shoot the kids dog and shot himself in the leg,stop trying to turn every article into some agenda i think everyone agrees Wiley needs to go down & personally if I were there I wouldn't trust 98% of the people there with guns

http://www.fox4news.com/news/coyote-attacks-2-more-joggers-in-frisco
FRISCO, Texas - Frisco police confirmed there was another coyote attack early Monday morning. It’s the fifth incident in the city since October.
[....]
As Sheri Devore and Marcia Foster were wrapping up a 45-minute run at 5:30 Monday morning, they suddenly found themselves face to face with a coyote.

“It didn’t take long before it started to lunge at my friend, Marsha,” she recalled. “It knocked her down. I was like trying to grab her to get up. And the overwhelming thought in my head was just stay up! If you go down, that’s it.”

Devore says the most frightening part of the attack was after two minutes they started getting very tired. But the coyote wasn’t tired.

“It just kept coming, and coming and coming,” she said. “And it was just trying to wear us down.”

Devore says she knew the only way they were going to survive is if they got to the road where someone might see them in the dark early morning.

“Luckily, a car came over the hill,” she recalled. “It was our angel, Michael. His name really was Michael.”

“Right before I got to the Panther Creek there, I seen two ladies in the middle the street waving their hands,” recalled Michael Harvey.

On his way to work, Harvey says he immediately realized a coyote was trying to attack them.

“There were like trying to move away from it in the middle of the street,” he recalled. “Trying to get it to stop. Trying to make noises and getting it to stop to scare it off, but it wasn’t going.”

Harvey says he thought about trying to run over the coyote, but it was too close to the women. So he started honking his horn furiously and the women jumped in his car. He immediately took the women to the hospital.

Foster was bitten several times and has puncture wounds on her legs. Devore was grazed on her thigh, but wasn’t seriously injured.

Harvey’s still shocked at how aggressive and violent the coyote was.

“It’s just really surprised me how this animal had no fear, even when I try to pull up on him blowing the horn,” he said.

Frisco police are reiterating a warning by urging pedestrians to stay away from the area of the attack, which is now the fifth reported encounter.

“Until this aggressive coyote is caught, we’re asking our citizens to obviously take caution if you’re in the area,” Jeff Inman with Frisco PD.

Last month, the city hired a private trapper and sent animal control officers out to search for what they believe is a single coyote responsible for four other incidents all along Eldorado Parkway.

In one attack, the coyote jumped on a jogger. The jogger was bitten in the neck and had to undergo surgery. In another incident, the animal attacked a 9-year-old child, who was treated for minor injuries.

A Frisco police officer’s dash camera captured video of the animal stalking a jogger. The officer was able to scare it off with his sirens.

“The fact it actually approaching people and going after people, that’s what makes it different than the others,” Frisco Police Officer Grant Cottingham said. “Normally, it’s kind of like the other wild animals, they’re more scared of us that we are them.”

Police said the best defense is some kind of device that makes noise like a whistle or an air horn or pepper spray. They’ve encouraged people to report sightings and to avoid walking in the area with small pets.
[....]

You know what also might help? DON'T GO JOGGING IN THE FUCKING DARK! They were in the dark and had no weapon of any sort. Not the brightest two bulbs in Frisco this Christmas.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/coyote-believed-to-be-responsible-for-frisco-attacks-caught-killed
Frisco police say authorities have captured several coyotes and believe they may have the one responsible for the recent attacks on joggers and a child.

Police said on Tuesday that the coyote “possibly linked” to the attacks was captured and put down, and its body sent for testing of possible diseases and to determine if it's connected to the multiple incidents.

Texas Parks and Wildlife officials say the coyotes were put down and tested for rabies.

“While it cannot be said definitively that this is the animal responsible, it is believed to likely be related,” Frisco police said in a statement on Tuesday evening.
[....]
“t’s a relief they’re making headway,” Devore said. “My big question is how do you know it’s the one because it doesn’t have a tracker in it?”

Texas Parks and Wildlife officials plan to continue trapping coyotes to make sure they eliminate any aggressive animals that may have learned the behavior and say they will be back in Frisco on Wednesday.

“An organism becomes comfortable around people, and that can cause some aggressive behaviors,” said Sam Kieschnick, an urban wildlife biologist. “That could be what’s happening here.”

“I’d cover bases and just make sure this is something that gets taken care of because you never know,” Devore said. “The next one could be a kid. It could be worse.”

Texas Parks and Wildlife is asking neighbors to stay vigilant and continue reporting any coyote sightings.

Damn, sounds like upscale Frisco is infested with them.

Back