• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A career crook robbed a bank in Wisconsin after completing a 20-year prison stint in New Jersey so he could get locked up in the Badger State’s reportedly superior jails, according to a report.

Just six months after getting out of a Jersey slammer for attempted homicide, Manhattan native William Gallagher, 68, robbed a Milwaukee Chase Bank “with the sole motivation of going to prison,” his public defender Charles Roozen said during a December hearing, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reported.

“About 48 years ago, I’m sitting with a 72-year-old con, and he had been in just about every prison in the country and he did two bids in Wisconsin,” Gallagher said during the plea hearing in which he likened himself to a character from the classic prison flick “Shawshank Redemption,” according to a court transcript.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/01/30/freed-crook-immediately-robs-bank-with-goal-of-going-back-to-prison/

I haven't, but I am familiar with the concept of institutionalization. I just missed that he was 72.
He's 68. He talked to a 72 year old about 48 years ago when he was 20. If that guy is still alive, he is now 120.

What other numbers should we put in here?

Back