• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A sheriff's office in Florida has released frantic 911 calls from bystanders reporting an alligator attack at a retirement community that nearly killed an 85-year-old man earlier this week.

George Ihle Jr was bitten on his foot by the nearly 10-foot-long reptile at the Big Cypress Golf and Country Club in Lakeland on Monday.

Ihle's wife heard the man's screams and found him on the ground bleeding from a wound on his right foot.

'The alligator attacked my husband,' the woman tells an emergency dispatcher. 'He's laying behind a bush bleeding.'

The operator reassures the wife that help is on the way, to which the terrified caller replies, 'Please hurry.'

Another witness called in telling the disaptcher: 'There's a gator eating a man,' reported ABC News.

A third caller later described the gruesome scene, saying that several people were applying a tourniquet to Ihle's wound, which she said was bleeding but 'not gushing.'

Polk County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Brian Bruchey said the gator pounced on the retired US Marine living with his wife at the Cypress Lakes Retirement Community at 10000 US Highway 98 North in Lakeland Monday afternoon.

According to a post on the retirement community's website, Ihle was attacked by the alligator while chasing birds off his property.

Video captured the moment the 9-foot-9 beast was yanked out of the water with Ihle's white sneaker still in its jaws, confirming that it was the right animal.

Once on dry land, the alligator was pinned to the ground, restrained and carted away.

According to wildlife officials cited by ABC Action News, the alligator will likely be euthanized.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...orida-retirement-community-gator-bit-man.html

I bet that gator is big enough to make him an alligator golf club bag once they euthanize it. Winning!

Last edited:
I'm surprised he didn't have a heart attack right there and die. Absolutely frightening and no surprise it's Florida. Those gators are testy.

Make gator steaks and feed the old dude and the old folks home.
It would kind of make sense in a perverse way and be a nice payback at the same time

So gator nips at somebody, causes no serious harm, and elderly candyass Floridians whine about it

Cool story i guess

It would kind of make sense in a perverse way and be a nice payback at the same time

Well as soon as you said payback ... I thought about the birds, he was attempting to chase off his property. Because I bet those birds look pretty harmless now.

It’s kinda too bad he survived — that would’ve been an awesome way to go out, fighting & wrassling the gator. His grandkids would’ve been impressed.

Better than dying in a nursing home, messing your diaper.

I'm still fixated on the birds. Maybe big birds with big poops? They eat roaches, lizards and snakes. Just water it in, good fertilizer, good pest control.
Were they eating landscaping? Then you planted the wrong shit, start over with advice from an independent garden center.

You're not in goddamned Kansas anymore, concessions have to be made.

We live not too far from Lakeland and go there often for shopping and whatnot.

I texted my boyfriend about the alligator attack and he immediately responded, "It was Joe."

This place Gelati Joe's is one of the best things about Lakeland... Joe is their mascot. I found the visual hilarious. This theory would certainly explain why a 10 foot gator attack wasn't fatal, or even that serious.

966862_617675571622249_2066313618_o.jpg

The gator tried to drag him into the water and his foot required surgery to save. I'd say that's pretty serious. Especially to someone who's 85. The chance of surviving the anesthetic at that age drops dramatically, never mind that wounds don't heal well for the elderly.

Gator and cros wounds are supposedly one of the worst you could receive due to the bacteria in their mouths. Friend of mine owns an exotic animal shelter that the government uses to dump the animals they seize. One day they had 2 baby crocs seized and brought in. Cute as fuck. Tiny tiny little crocs about 5 inches long that could fit in your hand. While moving them into the enclosure one of them nipped his hand. That nip nearly sliced off his thumb and left one of the grossest wounds I've ever seen. It was like someone decided to saw his hand blindfolded with a hacksaw. Jagged ripped up mess. They couldn't even stitch it closed. They had to pack it and let it drain and heal on it's own

They couldn't even stitch it closed. They had to pack it and let it drain and heal on it's own

I'd go crazy ... fuck that ... I wouldn't care what the stitches looked like ... FIX me , even if it looks like shit ... I wouldn't care ... nope I wouldn't.

The gator tried to drag him into the water and his foot required surgery to save. I'd say that's pretty serious. Especially to someone who's 85. The chance of surviving the anesthetic at that age drops dramatically, never mind that wounds don't heal well for the elderly.

Gator and cros wounds are supposedly one of the worst you could receive due to the bacteria in their mouths. Friend of mine owns an exotic animal shelter that the government uses to dump the animals they seize. One day they had 2 baby crocs seized and brought in. Cute as fuck. Tiny tiny little crocs about 5 inches long that could fit in your hand. While moving them into the enclosure one of them nipped his hand. That nip nearly sliced off his thumb and left one of the grossest wounds I've ever seen. It was like someone decided to saw his hand blindfolded with a hacksaw. Jagged ripped up mess. They couldn't even stitch it closed. They had to pack it and let it drain and heal on it's own
Yeah, like a shark they shake their head and create a lot of damage. I lived in the boonies in South Florida for 8 years. Personally, I only saw gators a couple of times then in the late 60's early 70's, but certainly saw rattlesnakes, coral snakes, cottonmouths and scorpions. On visits since, there's a gator in every puddle as we infiltrate their territory, plus abandoned pythons and anacondas have naturalized. It's not Australia, but it's our Australia.

Back