• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
We have a major forum upgrade I will start tonight. I normally like to save them for the weekend, but I would like to start getting things on track. This is a big 'un and may break some of the plugins. Luckily, I have updates for all of those as well. I'll try to get them all tonight, but we'll see.

Here's the list of the major things being upgraded:

• Xenforo (the forum software)
  • Shoutbox
  • Content Ratings
  • User Mentions
  • Similar Threads
  • Google Search
  • Miscellaneous mod and admin tools
I will be in the Discord server so I would go there for updates. I figure I will start at around 8pm eastern.

Well, the upgrade was a nightmare. It took 5 hours just to get the site back up and running. While the new forum software is awesome (from a technical standpoint), a good handful of the addons we were using are not compatible with it yet.

The Likes\Dislikes system is one (although a slimmed down version is functioning) as well as some other things you may or may not notice. Not much I can do about it until the authors update their stuff... but once they do, I will update them.

Colors will remain as-is for now as I don't have time during the week to fuck around with them.

Just a quick reminder that we do have two-factor authentication enabled here if you want to use it. It uses Google Authenticator and couldn't get much easier to setup.

Also, if you aren't using the native Bookmarks function, it works pretty well. It's the icon at the top right of ever comment to the left of the post number. Comments or threads you have bookmarked show up under your Bookmarks in your profile. Makes it easier to return to a favorite thread, or a comment you want to reply to but don't have the time.

Last edited:
Back