• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.fox4news.com/news/14-year-old-stabbed-to-death-in-fort-worth
[....]
Police said the stabbing happened early Tuesday morning at an apartment complex on Peyton Lane, in south Fort Worth.

Two girls reportedly got into an argument and one pulled out a knife. The victim, 14-year-old Nylah Lightfoot, was taken to the hospital where she later died.
serveimage

The medical examiner report says Nylah died of a stab wound to the neck and chest.

Police said the suspect fled and is still at large. They know who the other girl is but haven't made an arrest.

A neighbor said she advised Nylah to go home sometime before the stabbing occurred. A woman identified as her aunt did not want to comment.

The Fort Worth Independent School District said Nylah was a former student at Wedgewood Middle School. She hadn’t been a student in the district since March of 2017.

Friends describe Nylah as playful and friendly.
[....]
Friends say Nylah moved to south Fort Worth with her family about two months ago.

Crowley ISD says she just finished eighth grade at H.F. Stevens Middle School. Classes ended Friday for summer vacation.

This didn’t happen out of nowhere, there had to have been signs. I can’t imagine the girl with the knife didn’t have a history. And girls getting in a dispute that serious tend to get loud. Was there supervision in the house? Why was it the neighbour who advised this poor girl to go home? Odd that she was new to the area yet didn’t leave when things got tense. You’d think she’d be especially sensitive to “trouble afoot” having only been in the area for two months. My kids would have been out of there in a heartbeat. RIP Nylah, and lets throw the book at the perp.

You always hope your kid makes friends at the new school or in the new city. You never expect that new friend to murder them. :(

I moved around a lot as a kid. The best advice I got was to be cautious of the kids most eager to be friends with me. One girl in 7th grade thought it was hysterical to shit in her parents’ yard to get the dogs in trouble. We soon parted ways.

What's odd about it ... kids aren't as smart as adults.
I guess I’m just going by my own kids. My daughter was a quiet girl, but my son was outgoing and heavily involved in sports. One thing thing they both had in common was that they always sensed when “things were about to happen” when they were with other kids. My son said he heard a lot of stories about things he’d missed after he left different events but he said he could always tell when “trouble was brewing” and he always got out of there.

Now 14, the girl has been found guilty of murder. She had been charged as a juvenile and was convicted on the murder charge, which is actually called delinquent conduct. But the jury ruled it was not delinquent conduct on the separate aggravated assault charge. Authorities are not identifying the teen because she is a minor.

On the witness stand, the accused girl said “I didn’t mean to kill her. She ran up on me. It was the worst mistake of my life.”

There is contention between the families and someone pulled a gun in the parking lot on Wednesday. For that reason, dozens of officers were present in the courtroom to keep them separated as they left after court adjourned.

Sentencing is this morning (2/15/18) and she could face anything from probation, to up to 40 years in custody with the possibility of being transferred from juvenile detention to adult prison before her 19th birthday.

"She ran up on me" ?

The sweet, playful new girl in school who barely looks mature enough to be 14 just happened to "run up on you" ...

And you just happened to have an exposed knife at a sleepover in a residence with other teenage girls?

Even if she DID, the situation should have ended with slapping and hair-pulling, not a FATAL STABBING.

On the witness stand and she can't even face what she's done.

I hope she doesn't get the maximum penalty, because she's still a kid and deserves a life - but she had better get honest with herself soon.

"She ran up on me" ?

The sweet, playful new girl in school who barely looks mature enough to be 14 just happened to "run up on you" ...
Different things trigger different people. PTSD can have an effect. Sometimes you don't even know you have it. I'll use myself as an example.

When I am put into a flight or fight situation, I immediately go over the top. I must not have a flight mode. Example: A couple years ago I was working on a solar installation project. Some company came in and decided to build a 55 megawatt solar plant, divided into 5 different fields. I worked all the way through projects 1 and 2. Project 3 was started in the middle of June. This was in Eastern Oregon, high desert country. It gets mighty hot out there. We were working 15 hour days, plus a 1 hour commute each way. One day, one of the guys was under the panels that we had put up and was taking a quick water break. He had an ice cold bottle of water. I'm talking to some other people when this guy squirts me with water. It's almost 100º out there. I am not expecting anything like this. My broken flight or fight mode went to "You are being attacked, fight back". Without thinking, I immediately kicked out towards where the water was coming from. Well, that kick happened to break a wrist. Did I intend to break his wrist? Of course not. If I weren't broken I probably would have thanked him. I lost my job that day.

The first instance I remember doing something like this was when I was in a haunted house at the age of about 12. In the dark, someone suddenly jumped out from behind me and grabbed me. It's a haunted house. You should expect that. Not me, though. As soon as he grabbed me, I spun around with my fist leading me. I hit the guy dead center in the face and broke his nose.

Over the years I've wondered what was wrong with me. No one else acted out like that. Through the help of a therapist and my medical doctor, I found that I have PTSD. We had to work through a lot of things to find out where this came from.

My dad was physically abusive while we kids were growing up. He parented the way that he was taught to parent, with the father beating this shit our of you if you did something wrong. My dad's problem was that he had no concrete definition of what wrong was. It could vary from one day to the next. I was smacked around quite a bit. With mom, it was the spatula. With dad, it was a belt and his fists. This continued in my house from before I was born to about the time that I entered high school. I have blocked so many memories out of my mind because I didn't want to remember them. My sister just older than me said that one day she and I were doing the dishes in the kitchen after dinner. I apparently did something in inflame my dad and he started yelling and coming towards me. For the first time, I got into a fighting stance and told him that if he touched me, it would be the last time that he ever would. I guess that jarred him enough that he backed down. After that, the abuse stopped. Between the therapist and doctor, they think that I suffer from PTSD because of these situations. It's not like I want to go into fight mode right away. In fact, over the last few years, I have worked at NOT going full ape shit mode. But, if someone I wasn't expecting popped up in front of me and said boo, my fist would more than likely connect with them before I could process it.

Some people have learned that hard way that you don't surprise me. It can happen with anyone. Perhaps it happened in this case. I'm not excusing her actions, but we don't know the whole story and can't judge as if we do.

Different things trigger different people. PTSD can have an effect. Sometimes you don't even know you have it. I'll use myself as an example.

Hi there.

I'm sorry you went through those situations. I hope you're doing better now. It sounds like you got some good insight and support, and I'm glad for you.

You don't need to explain PTSD or abuse patterns to me.

The difference here is this teenage girl used a weapon - not her body - and her actions resulted in someone's death.

I don't think this is a PTSD moment, attributable to intense stress or poor snap decisions. I think this is a case of unsupervised kids (possibly with traumatic or violent histories, possibly even a diagnosis of PTSD) escalating to intentional violence and a kid dying as a result.

I could, of course, be wrong. I'm sure there's more to discover.

Be well.

We have an update for this story.
Teen given 25 years in custody for friend's fatal stabbing
Associated Press

FORT WORTH, Texas – A 14-year-old girl has been ordered to spend 25 years in state custody after a Texas jury found her delinquent in the fatal stabbing of her best friend.

The sentencing came Friday, one day after a Tarrant County jury returned its verdict in Fort Worth in the May 29 killing of 14-year-old Nylah Lightfoot.

Link

--Al

Damn justice system really went after this trash. Good shit. We ever get a motive?

I'm talking to some other people when this guy squirts me with water. It's almost 100º out there. I am not expecting anything like this. My broken flight or fight mode went to "You are being attacked, fight back". Without thinking, I immediately kicked out towards where the water was coming from. Well, that kick happened to break a wrist. Did I intend to break his wrist? Of course not. If I weren't broken I probably would have thanked him. I lost my job that day.

Wow what a pansy, cant even handle water being squirted on you, and on a hot day no less. Embarassing.

Feel free not to share your entire pathetic life story ever again. Thanks.

Back