• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A former police vice squad lieutenant was arrested Tuesday following a prostitution sting after investigators say he offered to "manage" women.

David Moss, 51, of Lehi, was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of exploiting a prostitute, patronizing a prostitute, two counts of lewdness and sexual battery.

The Utah County Sheriff's Office conducted a "human trafficking operation" in Lehi on Valentine's Day. After posting a message on an undisclosed social media app, Moss — using the name "Pilot" — contacted what ended up being an undercover detective and arranged to pay $150 for "services such as kissing, touching and pleasure that Moss was looking for," according to a police affidavit.

About the same time, police said Moss contacted a second woman, who was also an undercover detective, using the same app.

In addition to being a former cop, Moss was also a religious leader and most recently worked for West Valley City government.

Wednesday afternoon, a spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints confirmed that Moss was a bishop at the time of his arrest but has since been removed from his position.

More fun tidbits from the link:

Moss told the undercover detectives that there is a difference between a "pimp" and a "manager," the affidavit states.

"When we work together, I book and you entertain. I offer protection, I train you on how to act so we get repeat/regulars and higher paying. I also teach you how to stay out of jail. It's kinda cutting-edge stuff that go against the norm but those that use it like it," Moss said, according to the affidavit.

[...]

Moss was with St. George police from 1997 to 2012, rising to the rank of lieutenant over the department's vice squad, according to investigators, but was forced to resign from the department due to sexual misconduct allegations.

Investigators at Peace Officer Standards and Training received a complaint in 2012 regarding allegations of sex on duty involving Moss. He relinquished his police certification in 2013, which according to administrators is the equivalent of having his certification revoked, meaning Moss can never reapply to be a police officer in Utah.

[...]

According to his LinkedIn page, Moss worked as a counselor in the state Division of Juvenile Justice from 2013 to 2015, where the profile says he worked as a counselor for youth entering the juvenile justice system. The page also said he was program manager/project director with the Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health from 2015 to 2016. He also worked for a year as an adjunct professor at Provo College, the page states.

Prostitution should be legal.
Even though I'm a Mormon living in Utah, I totally agree with you. When I was in Germany back in the early '80s, it was legal and regulated. You had to be licensed and have regular tests for diseases. It was all up front, no one having to hide in an alley and try to get a john to go back there with them. It's so much better for the women to be safe.

Was wondering if he retired or if something forced him out. Not that shocking of a story when you read he was fired for being a sex creep while on the force.

Mormons are so fucking disgusting. God i fucking hate them. Jesus was born in America and magic swords and magic hat tablets and blacks are born from sin and so forth, def one of the worst religions ever. Nutter fucktards.
Post automatically merged:

When Mormons go bad, they STINK.

So they always smell bad?

Back