• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/wo...witter&utm_term=Autofeed#link_time=1487778153
On Friday, just after midnight, they found Deserae Turner. The 14-year-old girl was alone in a dry canal in Smithfield, Utah,[....]

Her family became concerned Thursday evening when the ninth grader, who had been in touch with her family throughout the day, failed to return home from school. Turner’s family filed a missing-person report with the Cache County Sheriff’s Office around 6:30 p.m.
[....]
Authorities discovered that Turner had been the victim of an apparent robbery and attempt on her life. On Tuesday, documents filed by Utah prosecutors alleged that two 16-year-old boys had lured her into the canal. The boys told Turner that they would sell her a knife. Instead, according to the court documents, they planned to kill her. One boy allegedly shot her in the head with a .22 caliber handgun. The teenagers stole her iPod, her phone and US$55 she was carrying in her purse.
[....]
Friends of the family found Turner in the canal bed. They were searching the Smithfield area based on Turner’s cellphone information, which local authorities had provided. Officials tracked her phone to the final cell towers it had pinged before the trail went cold; her phone had either died or someone had turned it off.

Upon discovering Turner, the friends called for emergency medical help. Turner was prone, semiconscious from a gunshot wound to the back of the head.

But she was alive.
[....]
Doctors medically induced a coma. As of Tuesday morning, she remained in the coma in critical condition.
[....]
The teenage boys, who have not been named, faced six charges: one count of aggravated attempted murder, a count of aggravated robbery and four counts of obstruction of justice. Prosecutors planned to try the teenagers as adults in the First District Court of Utah, under the state’s Serious Youth Offender Act. They will be arraigned in Juvenile Court on Wednesday.
[....]
Interviews with friends and acquaintances led law enforcement officials to believe that the boys were people of interest. Officials had interviewed the two teenagers on Thursday, before Turner was discovered wounded in the canal. At the time, according to the authorities, the pair denied knowing where Turner was.

But a search of the canal bed yielded evidence that Turner had not traveled alone. Footprints matched the treads of the Vans and Nike sneakers the boys wore, according to court documents obtained by Salt Lake City’s KUTV.

Warrants served over the weekend, too, provided more information about the shooting. “Items that have been seized include the handgun believed to be involved in the shooting, much of Deserae’s personal belongings, including her cellphone and other collaborating evidence,” said Smithfield Police Chief Travis Allen during the news conference. Turner’s cellphone indicated that she had been in contact with one of the boys before her disappearance.
[....]
The motivation for the attack, one of the suspects reportedly said, was “greed.” The alleged shooter wrote a note to Turner’s family, according to the court documents, in which he said he was “so sorry.” The other teenager gave conflicting accounts to police before invoking his right to an attorney.
serveimage

Officials had interviewed the two teenagers on Thursday, before Turner was discovered wounded in the canal. At the time, according to the authorities, the pair denied knowing where Turner was.

Seriously ... ? I'd be embarrassed to admit this if I the officer who interviewed these kids.

The boys told Turner that they would sell her a knife.

Why did she need a knife ???

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article140719853.html

A pair of 16-year-old Utah boys are facing charges of attempted aggravated murder and aggravated robbery after they lured a 14-year-old girl to a secluded area and shot her in the back of the head — all because she continually texted and sent them messages on Snapchat.

The girl, Deserae Turner of Smithfield, Utah, survived the attack, which took place Feb. 16, has since undergone surgery and is currently undergoing “intensive” therapy, according to her family.

But the bullet she was shot with remains lodged in her skull, and when she awoke from a medically-induced coma in early March, she only remembered partial details of the night she was attacked, according to KSL.

In court Tuesday, a police detective testified that although Turner remembered one of the boys, whom she considered a friend, inviting her to a muddy canal near the local high school, she still had to ask who had shot her, per the Salt Lake Tribune.

According to prosecutors, her friend, who is not being identified by media outlets because he is a juvenile, did it as part of a premeditated plot to “get rid of” Turner, per the Deseret News. The teen later told investigators that he conceived the plan because “I just didn't want anything to do with Snapchatting her anymore,” per the Associated Press.

The (Logan) Herald Journal reported that the two first met at a party, and that in addition to sending him messages through the popular Snapchat app, she also texted him more than he liked.

While playing video games one night, Turner’s friend told another boy about his frustration.

“Well, you’ve got a 6-inch blade, why don’t you do it yourself,” his friend told him, according to testimony reported by the Associated Press.

But while the first teen initially thought of the comment as a “crude joke,” according to testimony from investigators, the two later began to form a plan in which they would lure Turner to a secluded area and slit her throat, per the Salt Lake Tribune. However, the alleged shooter told investigators that neither believed they could go through with it.

Instead, they brought a gun and waited until Turner was walking away to shoot her in the back of the head.

“He said that it was the most merciful way when he talked about her not having any idea she was about to be shot,” one of the detectives told the court, per the Herald Journal.

The two boys then stole Turner’s phone, iPod and $55 from her purse. The alleged shooter also took the shell casing from the single bullet he shot as a “memento,” according to police.

The boys told Turner that they would sell her a knife.
Why did she need a knife ???
She didn't need a knife. She wanted attention.
There were three stupid teens in this situation.
And the parents of all three of these kids. Weren't they monitoring their online activity? This is why you don't give teens cellphones except for very primitive devices. Absolutely no logic, just run away with uncontrolled impulses .
Lord of The Flies.

These boys claim they were sick of the constant texting and snapchatting. I believe that.
But they fed on it like juvenile delinquent vampires. They wanted to do something really sick. That was already in them looking for an opportunity, and it probably would have been some other girl if not this one.
Keeping the bullet shell and personal belongings says a lot.

Last edited:
I have a knife and had one in high school. That part isn't odd to me. But blocking someone takes one button push. So yeah, maybe he didn't want to talk to her as much as she did him, but that wasn't really why they shot her. No way.

I mean... We ALL have a friend or two who we wish would knock it off with the constant messages some days... And we might THINK "that's it, I'm gonna have to shoot her." :rolleyes: no? Just me?

Several ppl have already nailed several of the issues here- & I've noticed them more and more often (certainly you have too). Add to the previously mentioned issues the following: I really don't think that ppl, primarily the "youts" (nod to Joe Pesci) really get the death is permanent "thing." :( And many probably haven't had to deal with real consequences (from the trivial to the significant) for their actions before- things like time outs as a little kid (for today's teenagers & young adults) & bum spankings (for those of us who are a bit older) when we didn't listen after several warnings, up to having to pay for car repairs to your mom's car when you accidentally rear ended someone. You know- consequences!

I've been typing on my damn phone so long and am getting distracted by my husband's snoring that I don't know if I made my point or not. Fuck. :) I should go to sleep.

I mean... We ALL have a friend or two who we wish would knock it off with the constant messages some days... And we might THINK "that's it, I'm gonna have to shoot her." :rolleyes: no? Just me?

Several ppl have already nailed several of the issues here- & I've noticed them more and more often (certainly you have too). Add to the previously mentioned issues the following: I really don't think that ppl, primarily the "youts" (nod to Joe Pesci) really get the death is permanent "thing." :( And many probably haven't had to deal with real consequences (from the trivial to the significant) for their actions before- things like time outs as a little kid (for today's teenagers & young adults) & bum spankings (for those of us who are a bit older) when we didn't listen after several warnings, up to having to pay for car repairs to your mom's car when you accidentally rear ended someone. You know- consequences!

I've been typing on my damn phone so long and am getting distracted by my husband's snoring that I don't know if I made my point or not. Fuck. :) I should go to sleep.
<3<3<3 :hilarious:

A pair of schoolboys who allegedly shot a 14-year-old girl in the head because her Snapchat messages were annoying.

Colter Danny Peterson and Jayzen Decker, both 16, allegedly left Deserae Turner for dead in a ditch near Smithfield, Utah.

The Salt Lake Tribune reported.

It is believed that one of the boys kept the shell casing from the incident, although it is unclear which one.

The pair will be tried as adults after Judge Angela Fonnesbeck at the First District Juvenile court in Salt Lake City ruled the pair had "planned and acted" out the shooting.

"She had no idea that was going to happen," Sheriff Deputy Brian Groves told a preliminary hearing. "(The teen) said it was the most merciful way."

After his arrest, Peterson said he had become annoyed with Turner for texting and contacting him through the messaging app Snapchat, the court heard.

Charged with attempted aggravated murder as adults, both Peterson and Decker could receive up to 15 years in jail.

Deserae does not remember the incident and has been left with paralysis and partial blindness.

At a news conference last month on the day she left a hospital, the teenager declined to talk about her injuries, but said she's happy to be alive and she was "tougher than a bullet."
LINK

You want someone to stop contacting you, you block them, not shoot them in the head smh

But that ends the drama! And isn't it interesting and fun and fascinating to be involved in drama? Isn't it great to have your own kind of soap opera going on, with people asking for details and gossiping about it?

No? Congratulations, you're not a teenager anymore.

Heck, I didn't understand it even then.

Apparently blocking someone is seen as the less fun, cowardly, submissive method. More like "efficient". Waaay smarter than ATTEMPTED MURDER, YOU MORONS.

I wonder about the area. Is it high crime? Are these kids trying to be cool? Were they hoping to pawn the stolen goods, or just keep them for personal use (MORONS!) ? Was this Step 1 on a ladder of professional crime?

That kid who kept the shell casing really needs to be straightened out before returning to society. Sounds like he's getting an early start on serial killer behavior.

Charged with attempted aggravated murder as adults, both Peterson and Decker could receive up to 15 years in jail.

15 years tops for shooting someone in the head? 15 years tops for paralyzing someone?

WOW. Never fails to shock me just how little the govt cares about crime and crime victims. They dont give a single shit.

A 17-year-old boy pleaded guilty Tuesday to shooting 14-year-old Deserae Turner in the back of the head in February, leaving the girl with lifelong injuries.

Colter Danny Peterson pleaded guilty in 1st District Court to first-degree felony aggravated attempted murder and a reduced second-degree felony count of robbery. A count of obstruction of justice was dismissed.

Peterson will be sentenced after a February trial for Peterson’s co-defendant, 16-year-old Jayzon Decker. A status hearing for Peterson is set for Jan. 29.

On Tuesday morning, Judge Kevin K. Allen read an account of what happened the night of the Feb. 16 shooting of Turner. Allen asked the teenager if he had read the account and if he admitted to the facts of the case.

The courtroom was tense and silent as Peterson hesitated, then responded, “I do,” his voice cracking. He held a tissue in his chained hand and wiped his eyes occasionally as the judge read the plea.

Turner sat between her parents while the judge read the plea and listed the girl’s extensive injuries suffered from the shooting. She had walked in slowly, with a cane and a brace on her lower leg.

The state is seeking the stiffest possible sentence, Cache County Attorney James Swink said Tuesday. Even with the plea, Peterson faces the possibility of 15 years to life for the aggravated attempted murder. However, the judge can reduce the sentence to 10 years to life or six years to life.

“Colter wants to take responsibility for what he did,” defense attorney Mike McGinnis told news reporters. “You saw his remorse today.”

Prosecutors also requested that the cases of Peterson and Decker be separated. The judge agreed to the motion.

Peterson is accused of firing the bullet that struck Turner in the back of the head. Decker encouraged his friend to shoot, according to prosecutors.

The boys allegedly lured Turner to a Smithfield canal Feb. 16 under the guise of selling her a pocketknife. The original plan was to slit the girl’s throat with knives each boy brought, according to charging documents. Prosecutors allege Peterson fired a single bullet into the back of Turner’s head, at the encouragement of Decker.

After the shooting, the boys left Turner in a ditch and allegedly took cash and electronics from the girl’s backpack.

After his arrest, Peterson told police he had become annoyed with Turner for texting and contacting him through the messaging app Snapchat, according to preliminary hearing testimony. Decker told Peterson it would “be pretty easy to get rid of her,” a Cache County sheriff’s deputy testified. From there, the boys allegedly plotted Turner’s death.

The Salt Lake Tribune generally does not identify juveniles charged with crimes until they are certified to stand trial in adult court, as Peterson and Decker have been.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/10/10/boy-accused-of-shooting-deserae-turner-pleads-guilty/

The judge should lock them up for the rest of their worthless fucking lives. It is an undeniable fact that these shitheads can not be rehabilitated, and even if they could, they dont deserve it.

They def look like mormon fucks.

A pair of schoolboys who allegedly shot a 14-year-old girl in the head because her Snapchat messages were annoying.

This sentence from the provided article doesn't make any sense. Fucking hack shitheads.

A Utah teenager has pleaded guilty to attempting to kill a 14-year-old girl after he and his friend grew tired of her social media posts.

Jayzon Decker, 17, admitted in an adult court on Tuesday to plotting the death of Deserae Turner when she was shot in the back of the head in Smithfield earlier this year.

Decker spoke quietly and hung his head as he pleaded guilty to attempted aggravated murder and obstruction of justice as part of a plea deal that saw multiple other charges against him dropped.

His victim, who was left partially paralyzed and still has bullet fragments lodged in her skull, cried in court as she listened to the medical challenges she was left facing as a result of the incident.

Deserae left the courtroom with the help of her parents after hearing Decker's plea, Deseret News reports.

The court heard that Decker and his friend Colin Peterson had lured Deserae to a canal in February under the guise of selling her a pocket knife.

The boys had plotted to 'get rid of' her after growing tired of her social media messages.

Peterson fired a single bullet into the back of Turner's head.

While Peterson pleaded guilty to firing the shot, prosecutors had argued that Decker was the first to suggest killing the girl.

The boys had left Deserae for dead in the canal before she was found eight hours later by family and friends.

Doctors say Deserae still suffers from headaches from the ordeal because she still has bullet fragments lodged in her skull.

She is also expected to struggle with seeing, walking and eating due to partial paralysis.

Decker had also been charged with aggravated robbery and three counts of obstructing justice but they were dropped in exchange for his guilty plea.

He faces a possible sentence of 15-years-to-life for the attempted murder charge. His obstruction of justice charge could bring an additional sentence of up to 15 years.

Peterson pleaded guilty in October to aggravated attempted murder and robbery.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5196219/Utah-teen-pleads-guilty-attempting-kill-girl.html

I still dont understand why the sentence could be as slight as 15 years. This should be LWOP. You'd have to be a complete fucking idiot to argue these fuckers will EVER be of any worth or value to the world, and an even bigger idiot to argue they deserve the chance to be. Cage them forever.

Jayzon Decker wasn’t the one who pulled the trigger on a February afternoon last year, firing a bullet into the back of the head of then-14-year-old Deserae Turner.

It was his friend, 17-year-old Colter Peterson, who fired the shot that nearly killed the girl.

But during Decker’s sentencing hearing on Wednesday, Deserae’s mother told the judge that she is more scared of Decker than Peterson because it was his idea to kill her daughter, a young girl he hardly knew.

On Wednesday, the girl sat in a wheelchair just feet away from Decker and told him he should never be let out of prison. She called him “evil” for standing by and watching as she was shot and fell to the ground. Instead of helping her, he and Peterson took her money and bought snacks at a nearby convenience store. She lay in the dry canal in the cold for eight hours before she was found.

“No amount of [prison] time will fix you,” she said. “You are evil. … You kept the shell for a trophy. How sick is that? Good luck in prison and remember that, because of you, my life is a prison, too.”

First District Judge Brian Cannell sentenced Decker to a 15-year-to-life term in the Utah State Prison for first-degree felony attempted aggravated murder, to run concurrently with a term of up to 15 years for second-degree felony obstruction of justice.

Deserae and her family had asked for the harshest sentence for Decker, saying the girl’s life is permanently changed because of his actions. Deserae’s left side is paralyzed, and her sight is limited. She suffers from constant and severe headaches, pain that she noted was present on Wednesday as she read her statement in court.

Deserae cradled her head in her right hand as she described how “devastating” the last year has been, as she has missed out on all of the things regular teenagers should be doing.

She didn’t get to take the classes at school that she wanted, and she didn’t get to play her flute in band with her friend. She’ll never drive a car.

And instead of hanging out with friends or going to school dances, Deserae said she spends much of her time sleeping or at doctor appointments.

“What do you have against me?” the girl asked Decker, who stared forward as she spoke in court. “You don’t even know me. I hate what you did to me. … I hate that I don’t have a regular teenager life anymore. I hate that I won’t ever have a regular life.”

Decker showed little emotion during his sentencing, crying only as he offered a brief apology and a request for the Turner family’s forgiveness.
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/02...oting-prior-to-him-being-sentenced-to-prison/

@Satanica
Colter Peterson was sentenced to 15-years-to-life in prison Thursday morning. The 17-year-old Smithfield teenager cried and wiped his eyes with a tissue, as the girl he tried to kill, Deserae Turner, told him he was evil.

Peterson spoke briefly, telling the court he wished he could go back and change what happened on the night of February 16, 2017. He apologized to the Turner family, his own family and the community.

“I’m very, very sorry for what I have done,” said Peterson. “Words can not describe how awful I feel.”

He told the court no matter what happens to him, it is nothing compared to what he has caused Deserae to go through. He said he has tried to cooperate with investigators and prosecutors, pleading guilty last year.

Judge Kevin Allen told Peterson what he did was evil, horrific, and altered the lives of many people. He said the only way the defendant could obtain redemption is by changing his life.

The second teenager convicted of shooting Deserae Turner has been sentenced to at least 15-years in prison. Jayzon Decker showed no emotion Wednesday morning, as 1st District Court Judge Brian Cannell ordered him to serve the maximum sentence.

Judge Cannell said, as he weighed the evidence, he couldn’t find any basis the 17-year-old Hyde Park teenager was not just as responsible as Colter Peterson.

“I can not find that you are any less culpable than the co-defendant, legally or morally,” expressed Judge Cannell. “I believe, based on the evidence, you participated actively in the heinous, unlawful event. Therefore, I must impose the statutory maximum.”

Judge Cannell said he struggled with Decker’s lack of remorse and emotion throughout the past year. He also feared for the public’s safety, if the defendant was given a lighter sentence.

“I have tried to read you today as I have looked over at you, trying to see if you’re past feeling. I saw emotion shared today, but through the process it was difficult for me to read you. I don’t know what’s scarier, the actual act or not understanding it or the lack of emotion associated with it. I don’t know.”

Throughout the hearing, Decker stared straight ahead, never making eye contact with Deserae or her family. The only time he showed any emotion was while his mother, Billie Decker, talked about him as a boy. He then briefly spoke, telling the court he didn’t really know what to say except he was sorry.

“I know what I did was wrong,” said Decker tearfully. “I want to do what is right if possible. I’m here to take full accountability for my actions.”

Last edited:
Sniveling tub of shit

I know but ... that is shame and it looks good on him. Shame is good ... it keeps us honest ... or compels us to be in the future, like touching a hot stove ... sometimes you have to feel it before you learn not to do it again. Everyone is different ... I didn't need to touch the hot stove ... my mom just told me ... that's hot you'll get hurt and I believed her ... other times I didn't listen so much ... and learned it the hard way, and I don't see that this sniveller is much different.

Wow nice being a well off white kid.

What pitiful pathetic fucking sentences. I am shocked and disgusted by this. Is this AMerica or fucking Europe/Australia with this candyass, nonsense lack of justice!?!??????

These stains should spend the rest of their fucking lives in a cage. 15 years? That's it? That's all that's guaranteed?????

Back