• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Another big thanks to @Keepalowprofile for the tip!

Dunedin, Florida resident Kristi Allen received a letter saying she owed $103,559 in fines for overgrown vegetation and a stagnant swimming pool. According to USA Today, the fines are attached to a house she no longer owns.

38-year-old Allen moved into the home in 2005, but after the financial crisis hit, she signed an agreement with U.S. Bank National Association allowing the foreclosure of the home. The report says that in 2014, a code inspector came to view the vacant home, finding an overgrown backyard and a “bright green, mosquito-infested cesspool.”

Unbeknown to Allen, she was still listed as the homeowner in county property records because the foreclosure was not finalized until 2014. According to USA Today, city officials began fining her $100 a day for the issues, even though the letters mailed to Allen were returned undeliverable with no forwarding address.

Last year, right around Christmas, Allen received a letter saying she had been sued for the total amount. If she loses the trial, she will be liable for the fines and for Dunedin’s attorney fees, the report says. Referring to Dunedin officials, Allen said “I know it’s not personal to them. But it’s personal to me and the other people that they are doing this to. Take a look at who you’re hurting and how you’re hurting them. Is it worth it?”

Full Story:

Talk about abuse of power.

How much would it really cost to empty a pool and weed whip?
Post automatically merged:

To answer my own question...

I guess if the city and an attorney are involved, $103,559

Last edited:
Back