• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1568222395789.png

MIAMI (AP) — A South Florida woman who claimed to be a psychic fortune teller has been sentenced to three years and four months in prison for taking $1.6 million from a Texas woman to remove a curse from her family.

Court records show that 28-year-old Sherry Tina Uwanawich was sentenced last week in Miami. She previously pleaded guilty to wire fraud. She must also pay restitution.

Investigators say Uwanawich met the victim in Houston, Texas, in 2007. Uwanawich gained the woman's trust and convinced her that a curse had been placed on her and her family. Uwanawich claimed she needed large sums of money for crystals and candles to perform meditations that would lift the curse.

Why in the fuck would she admit to that?
Momentary clarity.
Post automatically merged:

How cursed could you possibly be if you have $1.6 million to spend on psychics?
It's a material burden.

Everyone, I am willing to suffer for you. Surrender your wealth to me and be free! BE FREE!!!

Gypsy.

Uwanawich = well known, long time, scamming, fortune telling, Gypsy family.
Damn, and here I thought uwanawich was like the impossible burger.

Last edited:
Rule number one of committing this type of crime: Pick an idiot as a victim.
Rule number two of committing this type of crime: Never admit to committing a crime.

She followed rule number one quite well. Rule number two..well, she needs some more practice.
Why don't -I- know any idiots with 1.6 million dollars?!

As long in the person is getting what they pay for, I really don't see this as a crime. The woman wanted peace of mind, obviously going to a "psychic" she did not have it. In the end, the "psychic" gave the woman piece of mind for $1.6M. How is that any different than going to a "shrink", "life coach", or a fucking bartender? Granted those other professions charge less (normally), but that woman was not under any obligation, or threat, to use this "psychic's" services.

Last edited:
As long in the person is getting what they pay for, I really don't see this as a crime. The woman wanted peace of mind, obviously going to a "psychic" she did not have it. In the end, the "psychic" gave the woman piece of mind for $1.6M. How is that any different than going to a "shrink", "life coach", or a fucking bartender? Granted those other professions charge less (normally), but that woman was not under any obligation, or threat, to use this "psychic's" services.
Yeah, 3 years in prison is pretty heavy for being a fake psychic, considering basically all psychics are fake.

Moreover, is there any way to prove there *wasn't* a curse on said family? Anyone?:p

I don't see the crime here. They should charge the "victim" for aggravated stupidity and have her put to death. Whatever money and estate is left should be allocated to homeless psychics.
Lol, i agree... But... I'm thinking there must have been some pretty damning evidence that it was nefarious scammery and not just an idiot believing a two-bit fake psychic.

Those church assholes should go to prison for at least the same amount of time then.

If you take $5.00 from a homeless person and that's all they have, it's the same devastating effect as taking $1million from someone.

Back