• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1571766808115.png

A South Florida teenager is recovering after being shot accidentally by her Uber driver.

That 15-year-old girl left Memorial Regional hospital Monday surrounded by flowers and balloons.

The bullet that hit Bailey Braun went through her ankle and exited her heel, the girl's mother told Local 10 News.

Bailey said she and her boyfriend were at his home in Pembroke Pines when they ordered an Uber to take them back to Aventura.

On the way, Bailey said the driver had to pick up another ride.

"The (driver) was going to move his gun, and it went off," Bailey said. "We just hear like a big pop, and then we heard ringing in our ears."

She said that at first, she didn't feel anything.

"I didn't know I got shot at first," she said. "When I moved my foot, I just saw blood coming out. (The driver) was like 'I'm sorry, I didn't know if went off.' I knew it was a gun when he said that."

Bailey's boyfriend, Alcy Zaldivar, was in the car and remembers when she started screaming.

"'I got shot. I got shot,'" he recalls hearing. "Then the (driver) came around and was freaking out, grabbing his head and he was just like 'I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry.'"

Bailey said thankfully, they were near the Hollywood Police Station so one of the passengers they were picking up went inside to get help.

"I needed pain medicine, it really hurt," she said. "It's numb, but at the same time it burns and it's just like pulsing."

Back