• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Did you like The Florida Project

• Yay

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't watch

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
florida-project7.jpg

Here's another one I caught at the ass-end of last year, and another one I highly recommend. Not just because of the subject matter (kids being raised in hotels\motels in the area around Orlando's Magic Kingdom) but because of the unbelievable performance director Sean Baker got out of 3-year-old Brooklynn Prince.

You also have Willem Dafoe putting in one of his better performances, and the main mother of the story played realistically by newcomer Bria Vinaite, a chick the director found on Instagram. I thought this one, like Three Billboards, deserved all the accolades and awards it got. Anyone else seen it?

Last edited:
I will now that I see Willem is in it. Nice Avatar Morbid! Now I have to go watch Wild at Heart. For the 50th muthafuckin time!

It was a good movie. I have a hard time believing she was 3. I was thinking more like 5-6yr, but I'll take your word for it. I was surprised to see that the actress who plays her mom really has all those tattoo's in real life.

I didn't notice this thread before, but now I do want to see that movie. Thanks for the rec.

Back