• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A 22-year-old man told Marion County deputies Wednesday morning that he had killed his mother and then set their house on fire, the Sheriff's Office said.

Deputies said firefighters were called shortly before 3:30 a.m. to a burning home near the Ocklawaha neighborhood on Southeast 53rd Street near Southeast 49th Street Road and County Road 314A.

Investigators said firefighters discovered a body in the charred home once they extinguished the blaze.

Detectives said Colby Glen Larue appeared at the district office, where he told a deputy he shot his mother, Angela Limbaugh, and that she was still in the home when he set it on fire.

According to his arrest report, Larue had been watching YouTube videos earlier that night that made him paranoid about someone sexually assaulting or hurting his mother.

Officials said that's when he retrieved a gun and shot his mother twice in the head when she came downstairs. Deputies said he also shot his own dog.

Larue said he did it to protect his mother from individuals who were supposedly coming to harm her, according to deputies.

Neighbor John Leach told Channel 9 that his thoughts are with Limbaugh's mother, who also lived at the home.

"Really sorry for what she's going to have to go through," said Leach.

Leach said Limbaugh's mother was out of town at the time of the shooting.

Larue was arrested and booked into the Marion County Jail on charges of first-degree arson of a dwelling and homicide.

Obviously he's watching a different YouTube to what I'm watching. Since I don't have cable TV, I watch YT all day everyday. I just think he's whack job who wanted to kill something and his mom and dog were close at hand. Probably didn't want to leave the basement long enough to go out looking for a victim.

Larue said he did it to protect his mother from individuals who were supposedly coming to harm her

Narrator: It didn't work...
Post automatically merged:

Apparently, it gets weirder. After shooting his mother and his dog and setting the house on fire, he allegedly:

boarded boat in the backyard, rowed across a lake to a bonfire at another home, where he was told to leave before running into a wooded area shirtless, the affidavit said.

Detectives said Larue told them that he walked to a Winn-Dixie grocery store and asked a homeless man wearing an eyepatch for a shirt before walking to the district office

Last edited:
Obviously he's watching a different YouTube to what I'm watching. Since I don't have cable TV, I watch YT all day everyday. I just think he's whack job who wanted to kill something and his mom and dog were close at hand. Probably didn't want to leave the basement long enough to go out looking for a victim.
Me too.
I sometimes get sucked into a rabbit hole and end up watching some crazy shit. But nothing crazy enough toake me want to shoot someone.

When you're tired of YT, play trivia crack kingdom. It's so much fun.
Edit
You can find me under keepalowprofile... Of course.

Back