• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1571343152002.png

A Florida man used a badge he purchased from eBay and red and blue lights installed in his vehicle in an attempt to impersonate a law enforcement officer, according to the Orlando Police Department.

An officer patrolling Tuesday night on Colonial Drive and Mills Avenue noticed a black four-door Acura with flashing red and blue lights on its dash that appeared to be attempting to pull over another driver, the report said.

Police said the driver turned off the flashing lights when he noticed the officer's patrol vehicle nearby.

The officer said he followed the Acura, which began speeding and weaving between vehicles in an erratic manner.

A traffic stop was conducted and the driver, 62-year-old Josue Santiago, displayed his wallet and a five-point star badge with "Deputy Sheriff Charlotte County Florida" imprinted on it, according to the affidavit. Police said Santiago admitted to buying the badge on eBay.

Santiago told the officer that he is not in law enforcement, but his cousin is a trooper, records show.

In addition to the red and blue lights, Santiago's Acura also had a Police Athletic League license plate with a thin blue line license plate cover and a "United States of America Law Enforcement Police Officer" vanity plate on the front bumper, authorities said.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ghosttruck

I feel bad for him.

Yeah, I feel the same way. He look and seems like a man who has never been remarkable in any way... He wanted to feel significant for a minute. Sad.
It's a bit like stolen valor though. He didn't earn that badge, and he doesn't have to face any truly risky situations. So Wrong. So Risky. So Useless of the betterment of mankind.
So I think @ghosttruck is wise to caution us against to much pity for this fool.

All I can imagine is one of his cousin brothers collecting and playing with trainsets (in his 40s), and another one sitting on a sidewalk drooling over anything that shows a bit of leg.....mom passed out from the liquor and brother going to work hoping no one finds out about his genetic family.....
Jethro the police officer won’t live it down and will be making coffee for the whole shift for the rest of his career.....

Back