• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38586215
[....]
Rebecca Rawson, 65, was fatally injured after approaching the armed householder's home on Tuesday night, say sheriff's officials.

As her relative knocked on the door, Eugene Matthews, 83, emerged firing a handgun, according to the Manatee County Sheriff's Office.

Ms Rawson was taken to a local hospital, where she died.

Officials say that Ms Rawson and her daughter waited in their car as her brother-in-law knocked on Mr Matthew's door to ask if he had seen their dog.

Police say Mr Matthews opened his door and started shooting at the family.

As she sat in the car, Ms Rawson was struck by a bullet that went through the windscreen.

The Manatee County Sheriff's Office arrested and charged Mr Matthews with second-degree murder.
[....]
_93360300_dog.jpg

I do believe in some kind of classes and certification for gun ownership though I realize why many people are against it. The same with drivers licenses for these elderlies. I was just talking to a friend about an incident with neighbor across the road from me recently: I heard the crack of a large caliber hand gun then some more as well as a tree of mine being hit & grabbed the cats out of my bedroom window and threw them into the bathroom and looked out and there she was trying to shoot at squirrels. I called her sons house and told his wife to get over there and disarm her before someone or something else got hurt which he did.

MANATEE COUNTY, FL
– An 83-year-old Florida man has been arrested after fatally shooting a woman who was searching for her dog.

According to police, 65-year-old Rebecca Rawson went to the home of 83-year-old Eugene Matthews to retrieve a dog, Bart, that belonged to Rawson’s estranged husband, who died last week.

Matthews was a friend Rawson’s estranged husband, and took the dog in after his death.

When Rawson showed up to the home with her daughter and brother-in-law, she stayed in the car. When her brother-in-law knocked on the door, a woman answered the door and he called the dog’s name.

When Bart came to the door, he picked him up and took him back to the car. That’s when Matthews came out of the house and fired a handgun into the air twice before firing once at the car Rawson was sitting in.

The shot went through the windshield and hit Rawson in the face, killing her. Matthews’ family is saying he acted in self-defense, and that the Rawson family blasted through the gate and kicked down the front door, but the sheriff’s office said that account contradicts the evidence gathered from the scene.

Matthews was taken into custody and is being charged with second-degree murder. According to police, he was fairly cooperative.

According to sheriff’s office spokesman Dave Bristow, Matthews is no stranger to anyone in the area, including the police. The Korean War veteran has numerous arrests in his past and once sued the sheriff’s office over a 1989 weapons charge.

He ended up winning the case and was awarded $300,000, but that amount was later reduced $110,00 after it was found that several jurors lied on their juror questionnaire forms. Bristow did say that they have not heard much from Matthews “for a long time” until his recent arrest.

Matthews seems quite the character. His property even has several “no trespassing” type signs along his property, including one that states he will not call 911 for any trespassers he shoots. He even has a mannequin dressed in military fatigues in a watchtower overlooking the entrance.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-sarasota-manatee/manatee-county-woman-shot-killed-while-searching-for-dog
http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/228464134-story

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

Eugene Matthews and his live-in-girlfriend face a wrongful death lawsuit in connection to the fatal shooting of his best-friend’s ex-wife, who Matthews is charged with killing.

Matthews, 83, is charged with second-degree murder with a firearm in the death of Rebecca Rawson and could face up to life in prison if convicted. He is also charged with two counts of first-degree attempted murder for shooting at Rawson’s daughter and brother-in-law.
[•••]

He remains in custody at the Manatee County jail, where he has been held without bond since his Jan. 10 arrest, as he awaits trial.

Seemed apropos to update this.
This asshole will die in prison. Just take a look at his remarks in court below...

Screenshot_20230424_182410.jpg

"On Thursday, April 19, Judge Brian Iten sentenced the 84-year-old Parrish resident to life in prison with a 25-year minimum for felony second-degree murder with a firearm. He also sentenced him to 30 years on each of two counts of felony attempted murder in the second degree with a firearm. Each count also had a 25-year minimum attached to it."

"Rawson’s daughter, Kathryn, who was with her mother when she was mortally wounded by a gunshot, spoke before the sentencing..."

"At the hearing, Matthews call Kathryn Rawson a “spoiled brat” who got her mother killed. He said Rebecca Rawson was hit by a bullet that ricocheted.

Matthews called the court a “kangaroo court” and talked about how he felt his home was being invaded and he had to stand his ground, referring to a law that allows people to use force to protect their property.

Matthews then talked about his military duty where he earned two Purple Hearts and two Silver Stars and spilled two gallons of his blood."

Asshole.

Do you think Rebecca Rawson was black or white?

Because we've seen it make a difference to some of you when the shooter is white, male, elderly, " afraid" and is " "standing his ground" last week...

If you found out she was white and condemned this guy, I'd have to wonder-- why this guy, and not Mr. Lester? Both at night, both elderly, both in response to a knock at the door, both inappropriate discharge of a fire arm, both stepped into something they could have avoided by calling the police..

There are way more similarities here than with the young woman driving down the driveway, but that was compared.

Will you need to review the local crime rate for guidance as to where you stand on both versions of Rebecca? Quote women killing men statistics? Depending on what race Rebecca is, of course.

If Rebecca is black will you dismiss her as a victim because "everything has to get racial, pfft, it's just exaggeration, it's not racial unless I see it that way"?
Will you disbelieve her family's version of events, like you seem to not believe Ralph Yarl's version, that he did NOT put his hand on the door?

Think before you answer. Don't say it doesn't matter, because clearly it did last week.
Very much so.

In my opinion Mr Matthews knew who was at the door when he opened fire on them. His wife opened the door and allowed the BIL to call the dog, pick up the dog and carry him back to the car before Matthews arrived with the gun and started shooting, he knew who was there, he was just pissed they came to get "his" dog.

Back