• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

It was “the invasion of the land crabs.”

That’s how one Florida homeowner described an influx of the crustacean seeking refuge at his house in Port St. Lucie last week.

“Oh my goodness, I saw all those crabs and I said, ‘Wow!'” Dan Scovern told WPTV on Friday of the creatures. In a video posted online, Scovern says they were “rained out of their holes” following heavy rain that hit the area.

The crabs – of which there appear to be dozens – are attached to and crawling along the homeowner’s porch screen.

“They’re everywhere! All over the screen!” he said. “Look at ’em. … They’re more scared of me than I am of them.”

Video at link

OMG, now that's nightmare material! Do you or anyone here know if that occurs in New Mexico? I'm moving across country to NM soon and my biggest fears are scorpions, tarantulas, and rattlesnakes.
@Babs
All of the above and black widow infestations unless you’re headed up in the mountains.. we had the house and yard sprayed every 3 months (safe pets & young kids) it helps but still common.. watch anything cool and dark

Last edited:
@Babs
Oh well I lived in the mountains in El Paso but we were still very much desert where I was.. very desert.. my aunt lived in Cloudcroft NM .. severe seasonal changes.. I would imagine fewer problems.. edited above post
I'll be much more southwest of Cloudcroft and Las Cruces. The seasonal changes are mild there.

Back