• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ells9824

Bold Member!
An 8-year-old boy and his friend found something dangerous while searching for buried treasure with a metal detector - a live, World War II-era hand grenade.

Chris Mathis arrived home Thursday to find his son Sidney and a playmate as they were about to put the grenade into a bucket of water.

He grabbed the grenade and dangled it outside the window of his sport utility vehicle as he drove away from the apartment complex.

"I hit a bump and that's about the time I realized moving the grenade wasn't the brightest thing to do," he said.

The Air Force explosives unit from nearby Hurlburt Field took the grenade and destroyed it Friday morning.

Sidney's treasure hunting days aren't over, but his father hopes he learned a lesson.

"We told him he could find jewelry and things like that, but he couldn't play with bombs," Chris Mathis said.

http://tinyurl.com/yr8yly

Back