Full Story:West Virginia firefighters were called into action Tuesday when body fat from a corpse that was being cremated seeped onto a crematorium floor, causing the concrete to start ablaze.
Employees at Cooke Crematorium contained the flames with a pair of fire extinguishers while waiting for the St. Albans Fire Department to arrive, according to WSAZ news in Kanawha County, W.Va.
The fire, which caused “minimal damage,” according to ABC News, happened in the western town of Nitro around 10:45 a.m. That city’s fire department also responded. No injuries were reported.
A much larger crematorium fire occurred at West Virginia’s Southside Cremation in 2014 when a 500-pound body ignited while being turned to ash.