• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
No mugs yet

A Tucson couple were arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of holding their daughters captive in the family's home in filthy conditions for up to two years, with the girls complaining they had not been allowed to bathe for months, police said.

Police responded to the house on Tuesday after the two youngest girls, ages 12 and 13, ran to a neighbor's house and said their stepfather had kicked in their bedroom door and tried to attack them with a knife,
[...]
"During the course of the investigation, it was alleged by the girls that they had been imprisoned in their bedrooms for at least the last several months and possibly up to two years," the Tucson Police Department said in a statement.
[...]
Police said they discovered a 17-year-old girl locked in a different bedroom at the house and that she was believed to have been imprisoned in the room for the same amount of time as the other two girls,
[...]
"All three juveniles were extremely dirty ... and malnourished and stated that they had not bathed in the last four to six months,"
[...]
The girls were kept in filthy conditions and separated from each other, and the younger girls told a patrol officer they had not seen the 17-year-old girl in about two years, he said. The girls reported being fed only once daily, police said.

The mother and stepfather, Sophia and Fernando Richter, were arrested and booked into Pima County jail on charges of emotional and physical abuse and three counts of kidnapping tied to holding the girls in their bedrooms, Widmer said. Fernando Richter, 34, was also charged with sex abuse.
[...]
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/27/us-usa-captives-arizona-idUSBRE9AQ03N20131127
10qcn05.jpg

Tucson Police Department investigators and evidence technicians investigate the scene of a child abuse call that began in the early morning of Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013​
[...]
The mother and stepfather of the girls have been arrrested and are facing numerous charges, police said late Tuesday.
[...]
The two girls said they had been imprisoned for about two years. When officers went into the house, they found a 17-year-old girl locked in another bedroom, Gillooly said.

All three sisters were dirty and malnourished, he said. They told police they were only fed once a day.

They told officers they hadn’t taken a bath in four to six months.
[....]
He said the two younger sisters were kept separate from the older girl. They were kept in separate bedrooms, Gillooly said.

"They were kept in filthy living conditions and kept separately," Gillooly said. "They told officers they had not seen each other in 2 years and were kept separately in bedrooms in that house."

Gillooly would not answer any questions about the case.

Later Tuesday, police said the girl's mother Sophia Richter, 32, and their stepfather, Fernando Richter, 34, were arrested and booked into the Pima County jail. The two are facing three charges each of kidnapping, child abuse with emotional abuse and child abuse with physical abuse.
[...]
"We are doing all we can to make sure these kids are kept safe," Gillooly said at a news conference.

A resident who has lived in the neighborhood for about five years said she didn't know anyone was living in the home, which is set back from the street.

She said there was no activity visible at the house, but that other neighbors had told her that they had heard what sounded like children playing inside the house at night.

Police officers have removed plastic bags of evidence from the home. They also removed what appeared to be a computer. The items from the house was placed into a box truck.

On the front porch of the single-story house is a sign warning that the property is under video security surveillance. Two red chairs were also visible at the front of the house.
[...]
http://azstarnet.com/news/blogs/pol...cle_a129784a-56dc-11e3-a955-0019bb2963f4.html

Three sisters rescued from family home say they were locked inside room for two years, denied baths and fed only once a day
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...years-denied-baths-fed-day.html#ixzz2looGTtND

Last edited by a moderator:
wAZOIhK.jpg

2012 mugshot

YlPugGk.jpg

The deranged parents appeared via video in court Wednesday morning. A judge set their bail at $100,000 and $75,000, respectively.

The stepdad also faces a charge of sexual abuse with a person under 15. They did not enter pleas.
[...]

Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villasenor Wednesday said the girls were imprisoned by “a variety of means both technological and psychological.”

“The home was alarmed extensively throughout the perimeter openings and interior openings so that anyone who opened doors, there would be immediate notice,” he said.

Cops who rescued the eldest girl said that her room was sealed off with towels pressed against the doors and windows.

The ducts were also taped over, making the music piped into the room nearly inaudible from the outside, Villasenor said.

But once cops opened the door, they were stunned by the volume.

“The music never stopped,”
said Villasenor, citing interviews with the young, malnourished victims.

“Their movements were controlled.”

Villasenor said that the couple had moved to the home in August, but that it appeared their previous residence in Catalina, Ariz., had also served a prison.
[...]

The young victims then told police they’d been held captive and that there was another girl still in the home.

Cops say they then discovered the 17-year-old held in a separate room. She had a journal documenting at least a year and a half of nightmarish confinement, Villasenor said, refusing to go into detail.

When the three were reunited investigators said it was clear the younger two girls hadn’t seen their big sister in a long time and that they noted the change in one another’s appearances, Villasenor said.

Detectives also gave the 17-year-old a picture of the singer Enrique Iglesias that she’d kept with her in the bedroom.

“That was her most prized possession,” Villasenor said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...d-girls-captive-years-court-article-1.1531009

Arizona is sucking a lot lately, not good.

I TRULY believe these jerks would NOT understand the psychological ramifications of loud, constant music. I just don't think they're smart enough. I'm wondering what the actual motive was?

These girls have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I'm so happy they have their freedom. I hope they find a loving home where they can all three be together...they need to be together to help each other through what's ahead. I hope they have a warm and wonderful holiday filled with all their favorite foods, warm beds, hot baths, a commode and lots of love!! I can't imagine being held captive in a little room. Glad the eldest had the journal to keep her going...it probably helped her keep her sanity being segregated like that.

This guy did what they did in the concentration camps I read about...he went through a hell of a lot to build the security system and the extent he went through to block the vents and soundproof amazes me. He was hell bent on torturing these girls. The mother is just as guilty. I am surprised his bond is so low.

Brave girls!

It sounds like the 17 yo was probably kept alone so dad could have privacy while her sexually assaulted her- and it was only a matter of time before the younger girls became victims of their pedo dad.

I hope the journals kept by the 17 yo will be the final nail in his coffin!

zJz2ywF.jpg

The girls, aged 12, 13, and 17, said they were forced to listen to loud music 24 hours a day, seven days a week, which then turned to static if they showed any signs of enjoyment, according to police in Tucson.

The girls were allegedly monitored by surveillance cameras pointing at their beds, and they had to request to go to the bathroom. Police said if their mother and stepfather refused their requests to use the toilet, the girls were forced to use the closet.
[...]

They were fed a goulash-like meal once a day and responsible for cleaning their own plates within the rooms, Villasenor added.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ears-were-kept-in-prison-like-conditions-cops

All so the twat could keep the dick happy. I hope they follow lead on Ariel and kill themselves.

Family interviews, court documents and her own statements to police are revealing more about the woman accused of holding her three daughters captive in deplorable conditions.
[...]

Sophia Richter lied to family members about their whereabouts, The Associated Press reported.

Chame Bueno, 34, told the AP that Fernando Richter was mentally abusive toward his wife and that Sophia Richter said her family was living in San Diego when they actually were in Tucson.

“She always talked him up, ‘Oh well, he pays for all my kids’ clothes and he takes them here, and he takes them to eat and do this’ — and all that time being locked up in a room,” Bueno told the AP.
[...]

The Tucson Police Department released a booking photo of Fernando Richter from a March 2012 arrest in connection with disorderly conduct, assault and criminal damage, however the court dismissed all of those charges.

As part of the 2012 case, the Community Partnership of Southern Arizona (CPSA), according to online court documents, did a review. The results of the CPSA review are not disclosed.

According to court documents, the couple had been dating since 2003 and wed in 2010. There is no indication they have children together.

Just days after her 15th birthday in 1996, Sophia Richter, then Sophia Pulido, gave birth to her eldest daughter. The baby’s father was a minor too.

In 2002, Sophia Richter wed the father of her two younger daughters. They filed for divorced less than a year later.

Richter was granted custody of her two younger daughters in May 2003, but by December 2003, the custody agreement was modified, giving the father sole custody, documents from Pima County Superior Court state.

A 2005 letter from Child Protective Services included with custody documents filed with the court shows the agency was in contact with the family.

The letter, sent to the father of the two younger girls, states that allegations of physical abuse made against him by his ex-wife were unsubstantiated. The letter also suggested one of the girls could benefit from counseling.

In 2006 Richter filed to regain custody over the objections of the paternal grandparents.
http://azstarnet.com/news/blogs/pol...cle_de0ee791-62bf-55d1-95f8-d9feec415395.html

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- A 17-year-old Arizona girl hugged her two younger sisters, touched their faces and talked about how they had all changed when they finally were reunited after their mother and stepfather kept them imprisoned in their home for up to two years,
[....]
On Tuesday, authorities revealed more details with the release of a police report and a transcript of a neighbor's 911 call.
[....]
The two remained in custody Tuesday and could not be reached for comment. No current attorney was listed for either parent in court records.
[...]
The parents appeared to be drunk when police arrived at the home Nov. 26, the police report said.

"Fernando had bloodshot, watery eyes, odor of intoxicants coming from his person and stumbled as he walked," the report said. Sophia Richter was in a similar state, according to authorities.

When police asked the stepfather who else was in the home, he answered only that his two dogs were there. However, officers say they found the oldest girl locked in a back bedroom with music blaring.
[..]
When police asked the oldest sister what had happened, she replied: "I haven't seen anyone in two years. I am in my room all day, and I have not seen my sisters in a year and a half."

She went on to tell officers that she was let out of her room once a day to go to the restroom and that she was not allowed to go outdoors or look outside. The girl showed an officer that she had made a calendar, which she kept in a handmade purse she wore around her neck.

Pointing to the calendar, she said: "Look, I haven't showered since the 19th of September."

The sisters were reunited in the living room of their home after police got the older girl out of her bedroom, investigators said.

The girls were excited to see each other, and all three had small stuffed animals that they said they had made. The sisters asked each other questions about what they had eaten and how they spent their time.

"[....]
As police walked through the home to find jackets and shoes for the girls, they reported seeing video cameras, a knife near the master bedroom door, and what appeared to be urine in bottles.
[....]
"They started to hear a loud bang at their door," the police report states. "After the bang, they observed the bottom half of their door cave in and break. Through the break in the door, they observed Fernando to be squatting by the open space, holding a knife near his chest and yelling at them."
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...eens-arrested-for-conspiracy-to-commit-murder

The neighbor called 911.
Neighbor: "Yes, I'm calling on behalf of some neighbors of mine, they say that their father, or their neighbor, someone is trying to break into their house with a knife and they're next door to us."
Dispatch: "How did they call you?
Neighbor: "They came and knocked on our door. And rang our doorbell."
Dispatch: "Saying somebody was trying to break in with a knife?"
Neighbor: "Yeah. they said someone was trying to break into their house. Girls stay in, stay inside, don't go outside."
[Read the full 911 transcript (PDF)]
[....]
http://www.kpho.com/story/24124674/911-calls-released-in-tucson-kidnapping-abuse-case?app&hpt=ju_bn6

Detectives also gave the 17-year-old a picture of the singer Enrique Iglesias that she’d kept with her in the bedroom.
“That was her most prized possession,” Villasenor said.

OMG! She must have been absolutely desperate!

This is the saddest thing I have ever read in my entire life and I am a proud member of DD and read horrid shit all the time but for the mother to literally keep these girls captive for him to have fought for custody of them for him? They mentioned sexual abuse but never really said anything about it were they his sex slaves? What kind of a monster mother would ever in their FUCKING LIVES ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN! they were safe with the father the oldest girl was in a really fucking bad situation but for the little ones to be fought over to pull into this shit storm of a cluster fuck is so overly wrong it makes my heart bleed for them. He is a cock blowing monster who deserves to have his dick cut off and inserted deeply into his anus and have his ass sewn shut but I see the mother as so much more of an evil vile monster for allowing him to do this to them OMG my soul is crying right now :( I hope that she gets exactly what she deserves and when she wakes up from this dick induced stupor and realizes how fucked up she treated and allowed those girls to be treated and wants a relationship or to reprent the girls come as one to her and spit in her face and walk away never to be seen again and she dies a miserable lonely death and she is strapped in a room all day and night with him by her side in hell enduring 1000 times worse than the torture they gave them girls.

Tucson couple indicted in child imprisonment case

A man and woman from Arizona were indicted on charges that they imprisoned the woman's three daughters inside their Tucson home.
The indictment publicly released Tuesday charges 34-year-old Fernando Richter and 32-year-old Sophia Richter with kidnapping and child abuse for allegedly keeping the three girls locked in their rooms at the Tucson home during a three-month period ending on Nov. 26, when police discovered their captivity.
[....]
The Pima County Attorney's Office said in a statement that the majority of the crimes committed in the case happened in Pinal County. Pinal County Attorney Lando Voyles said his office is reviewing the case's police reports for possible prosecution.
It's not clear whether Fernando and Sophia Richter have lawyers. Both have remained in a Pima County jail since their arrest two weeks ago.
Fernando Richter, the girls' stepfather, is also charged with aggravated assault on two of the girls and aggravated assault on a police officer who came to the home after police were alerted.
[...]
http://www.azfamily.com/news/Tucson-couple-indicted-in-child-imprisonment-case-235284631.html

According to Pima County Sheriff's Department spokesman Dep. Tracy Suitt, Fernando Richter was arrested and charged with aggravated assault on a correctional officer, a class 5 felony, after an altercation with jail staff.

Deputies say the incident began when Richter covered the window of his cell with wet papers. Jail staff directed him to remove the papers and opened the cell door when he refused to comply.

According to authorities, Richter grabbed a corrections officer by his uniform shirt and tried to push his way out of the cell. Corrections officers immediately took control of Richter and placed him in handcuffs.
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/24177077/fernando-richter-charged-with-class-five-felony

Corrections officers immediately took control of Richter and placed him in handcuffs.
:hilarious::hilarious: I've seen the videos when they take "control" of the inmates.

Aww poor bastard thought he was still in charge of the house of horrors those little girls were in.

A couple accused of imprisoning the wife's daughters in a Tucson home now face new charges in a second Arizona county where they lived previously.

Fernando and Sophia Richter pleaded not guilty Friday in Pinal County Superior Court to multiple counts of charges that include child abuse and kidnapping. Fernando Richter also pleaded not guilty to single counts of aggravated assault, child molestation and sexual abuse.
[...]

Allegations in the new child abuse charges include unreasonable confinement, emotional damage and being struck with a spoon and a stick, the County Attorney's Office said in a statement. A grand jury indicted the couple on Jan. 15 but the indictments were not made public until Friday.

The Richters lived in Catalina from March 2011 to August 2013, investigators said after the couple was arrested in late November. The girls were ages 12, 13 and 17 in November.
[...]

If convicted of all 15 counts against him, Fernando Richter faces up to 128 years in prison, while Sophia Richer would face up to 83 years in prison if convicted of the nine counts against her, the Pinal County Attorney's Office said.

Authorities have said the siblings are in state custody and living together.
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-charges-in-alleged-Arizona-imprisonment-case

Daughter requests visitation rights for kidnapping, child abuse suspect
[..]
Tucson woman accused of holding her three daughters captive in their midtown home might be able to have visits from one of her daughters.

Sophia Richter had a status conference hearing on Monday. Her oldest daughter requested she get visitation rights now that she's 18 years old.
[...]
judge left that decision up to the defendant, who's expected to talk about it in another meeting scheduled for Sept. 25.

Sophia's husband, Fernando, was found competent to stand trial last week, but a Pima County judge also ordered evaluations to see if he can plead guilty except insane.
[...]
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/...ion-rights-for-kidnapping-child-abuse-suspect

Guilty except insane. Well, if they get this charge, he won't see prison but he will be locked up in a state facility for the next year. I can guarantee he'll be violated.

Nice. I guess the girl has a low sense of self. She should know that no mother is better than the mother she had.

Her oldest daughter requested she get visitation rights now that she's 18 years old.
I hope this is because she wants to tell her mother that she is a complete piece of shit who needs to shrivel up and fucking die.

Sadly, I suspect it's because she loves her mother in spite of the horror that she experienced.

http://news.yahoo.com/girl-testifies-against-parents-arizona-imprisonment-case-000924686.html

One of three young sisters who authorities say were imprisoned in an Arizona home for months testified Wednesday that her mother and stepfather monitored the girls with video cameras, awoke them at night to march in place, and forced them to urinate and defecate in their bedroom closets.

The girl who testified in the kidnapping and abuse case was 13 when she and her 12-year-old sister escaped through a bedroom window and sought a neighbor's help in 2013. Authorities say the oldest sister was kept in a separate room.

The girl wept on the witness stand as she recounted for several hours the abuse and bizarre rules her parents imposed on the sisters.

She said she feared for her life after defendant Fernando Richter broke her bedroom door in half and acted erratically while holding a knife. She opened a window that she thought would set off an alarm but didn't, then escaped with her younger sister.

Prosecutors say the girls were not allowed to leave their rooms during the three to four months they lived in the Tucson home. Prior to that, they lived in Catalina, a nearby town in Pinal County, where prosecutors say they were also abused.

Defense attorney Paul Skitzki, who represents Fernando Richter, said during opening statements in the Tucson case that the state doesn't have enough evidence to prove its allegations. He said his client's mother will testify to having seen the girls roam freely around the house and even leave for outings.

The girl who testified Wednesday said she was taken out of school in the fifth grade and didn't receive home schooling or any other type of education in the following two years.

Now a sophomore in high school, she described how her parents' behavior became more and more erratic as time passed. She said the sisters were allowed out of their room while living in the Catalina house but were hidden in a car when the family moved to Tucson. The younger sisters were covered by bags while the oldest was in the trunk.

After the move, the girl said, cameras tracked them night and day, and they were rarely allowed to leave their rooms.

They didn't know where they lived or what the outside looked like, and the two youngest sisters were allegedly banned from speaking to their older sister, who was kept in a different room.

Asked why she hadn't escaped earlier, the girl said: "I never tried because I didn't wanna get punished. I didn't wanna get whooped. I didn't wanna get yelled at," she said.

The two other sisters were expected to testify on Thursday.

Last edited:
http://news.yahoo.com/girl-testifies-against-parents-arizona-imprisonment-case-072755729.html

The youngest of three sisters who authorities say were imprisoned in an Arizona home for months testified Thursday that she was once beaten for incorrectly reading the dictionary.

The girl, who was 12 when she and her sister fled the Tucson home, also said her stepfather Fernando Richter had threatened her life and would beat her if he suspected she had broken any rules in the house.

Defense attorneys challenged her testimony by pointing out that she had provided different details to investigators on the day she escaped.

The girl said she was trying to protect Richter that day because she thought he might be listening to the interview and was afraid of him.

Before concluding her testimony, she said Richter made her read the dictionary out loud all day and that the girls were forced to listen to static and some music from an old radio at all hours.

Much of her testimony echoed that of her older sister, who testified Wednesday that Richter and her mother, Sophia Richter, monitored them with video cameras and would not let them use a bathroom, forcing them to urinate and defecate in their bedroom closets.

The older girl wept on the witness stand as she recounted the abuse and bizarre rules her parents imposed on the three sisters before two escaped in 2013. Authorities say the oldest sister was kept in a separate room.

Defense attorney Paul Skitzki, who represents Fernando Richter, said his client's mother will testify to having seen the girls roam freely around the house and even leave for outings.

Yeah cause Grandmamama is not prejudiced at all, nope not at all except to keep her baby out of jail for something he did not do!:D

Last edited:
update 12-5-15

Guilty. sentencing Feb. 16.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...d1c66971?cps=gravity_1787_4512215885143645724
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A jury convicted an Arizona couple Friday of kidnapping and child abuse charges for imprisoning their three daughters, monitoring them through video feeds and forcing them to urinate and defecate in their closets.

The jury found Fernando and Sophia Richter guilty on three counts each of kidnapping and child abuse. Fernando Richter was also convicted of two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. The jury later tacked on aggravating circumstances to all of the charges, which could increase the length of their sentences.

Pima County Superior Court Judge Paul Tang set a sentencing date of Feb. 16.

Why the absurdly light sentencing?

Amazing the father had sole custody at one point, yet the scumbag mom had that reversed somehow and got custody. Good job gov't.

Aug 24, 2018
The Arizona Supreme Court on Friday threw out the kidnapping and child abuse convictions of a woman accused of keeping her three daughters imprisoned in their Tucson home for three months.

In a 4-3 decision, the state’s highest court ordered a new trial for Sophia Richter, concluding the judge at her first trial erred in barring her claims that she was compelled to commit the crimes by her husband’s threats and immediate use of force.

The decision is similar to a ruling a year ago by the Court of Appeals that threw out Richter’s convictions and granted her a new trial.

Sophia and Fernando Richter were arrested in November 2013 at their home in Tucson. Sophia’s 12- and 13-year-old daughters had escaped through the window of a bedroom they shared and alerted a neighbor after their stepfather, Fernando Richter, tried to break down the room’s door and was brandishing a knife, authorities said.

Police later discovered Sophia Richter’s 17-year-old daughter was being held separately from her sisters in another room. Although the three girls lived in the same house, the 17-year-old at that point hadn’t seen her sisters for more than a year. The three girls were malnourished, dirty and hadn’t been to school in years.

Investigators said there were motion sensors on the doors to the girls’ bedrooms and video cameras trained on their beds. Music blared loudly to mask any noise they might make.

Richter claimed she was under constant control of her husband and that he was physically abusive toward her.

Fernando Richter is serving a 58-year prison sentence for his convictions.

In the Pima County case, prosecutors argued Sophia Richter failed to show that she faced a threat of immediate physical force and had merely asserted a generalized fear of her husband.

A dissenting opinion issued by three state Supreme Court justices said Richter, in pursuing such a duress defense, failed to show she acted in response to a threat or immediate physical force.

The three dissenting justices said Richter had opportunities during the three months to escape or notify police, such as when she went to the grocery store with her mother-in-law.

However, the opinion by the court’s majority said it was persuaded that an ongoing threat of harm can be sufficiently immediate for a duress defense, even when the threat precedes the illegal conduct by several days and the person posing such threat isn’t around.
https://www.pinalcentral.com/new-tr...cle_8b5a712c-7f1d-5a33-b092-6455f9598542.html

Latest posts

Back