• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
I just got this gem:

"I donated to your "feel sorry for me account" in hopes you might post more than twice a week if we are lucky. ( note to self do not donate to this asshole and make sure to discourage donation to this site at all times) well nothing has changed. I make longer cry baby posts about my lunch not having the proper amount of bread to lettuce rati, than you make as a "shitty writer" I'll never donate again. ps this is not my name or email address."

What kills me isn't the absurd exaggeration of two posts a week, but that while it wasn't their real name or email address, it was their real IP address which linked directly to a user in this forum. Very disappointing.

I was going to message them directly, but thought I would reply to the person here, and anyone else who feels that way. I run this place by myself. Not just the articles (4,725 of them), but the entire site. This is on top of doing what I do for a living and enjoying a life outside of the site.

I've been doing it for over ten years because I still enjoy it. I don't do it for you or anyone else. I do it for me and I appreciate that others happen to enjoy it as well. As I have explained ad nauseum, I will only stop doing it when I no longer enjoy doing it. When the cost to run it starts becoming a lot more than it makes, it becomes un-enjoyable. So, I can either load it up with pop-up ads that most will block, or I ask for donations.

I thought asking for donations was the better way to go (which it has been at this point) but it seems some think my output should be up to their standards. Sorry to inform you, but you didn't buy me, dumbass. You just helped ensure the lights stay on.

So for the person who sent this, fuck you. Your donation wasn't based on reading any shit I write up and you know it. You are here for the friends you have made and to use the forums. Regardless, there are plenty of dead crime sites you can participate in if this one isn't up to your standards. Why you decided to send that is anyone's guess, but I do have one and would bet money that I was correct.

Well that's depressing and slightly amusing at the same time. Who the fuck has time for that kind of insipid bullshit? Oh, you, that's right. Do you have an actual life, or do you just bitch, moan and whine about the world not providing you with one? :finger:
Hmm. I can't help but feel like this is a clue...

Hmm... All I can say is I kicked in to the kitty as well as paying to be bold.

I have no complaints on this site, other than wanting a "groan" and a "fuck off and die" button.

Other than that, I hope Morbid continues to grace us with as many or as few articles as his life allows.

Aw, I feel like Morbid's feelings are a little hurt.

I have to have feelings for them to be hurt. It was more a feeling of disappointment. Had it just been a random person, so what, ya know? But it looks like it came from someone who knows how the site operates (it's not a 9 to 5 with employees and a quota), which leads me to believe they were not acting alone - if that makes any sense.

A donation is exactly that: a donation. Completely voluntary. What the recipient does with it is his/her business. Making a donation doesn't give you a voice in how things are run or what happens. You make your donation, wish somebody well, and move on.

Am I the only one experiencing more than a little anxiety at the possibility of this site going away?

@Morbid, you've made it clear that you do what you do for you, but I hope you truly grok my gratitude, for it is deep.

And to the person who emailed that little tincture of poison, you'd do well to remember that last bit of wisdom imparted to the world by Aldous Huxley: "Try to be a bit nicer."

The fuck? I have been pimping this "feel sorry for me account" to actual family of mine, who don't even know what this place is, and some chucklefuck who is in the forums and knows what's up sent that? I just cannot. I'm literally baffled that anyone would do that. Why the fuck did you donate, you useless ass, if you're just gonna complain? There are thousands of forum threads and I see mainly the same group commenting on them. If the front page is so slow princess, get your ass to reading and commenting in here!!!!

Morbid makes nothing on this site, he has a fucking job and a fucking life, unlike some others. Don't appreciate him? I have the link to a site that would be glad to take you, so you aren't sucking up his fucking bandwidth at a site that displeases you.

I find out who wrote and sent this you'll not only be on the list, the fucking list will be named after you. "The ________ list of shame and ruin"

347zpeh.jpg

maybe they thought they were being sarcastic and did not realize they failed? I have no idea. I donated, then went broke and got bolded via fairy. idk? ive been around here for a while and don't think I have ever thought to give money and then bitch. I tend to bitch regardless.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that bullshit as a real opine about ANY fuggin' thang but attention-whoring an' goat gettin'. I don't even know that I believe they ponied up anything but lip service. And feel free to stop the "rati" (etc.) purposeful typo and syntax change up horseshit while you're at it, too. Anyone with a kindergarten degree and half a firing synapse knows thIs iZ hoow U TRolL, cuz'! :finger:

You already know my IPs, Big Daddy, and just today another FPer mentioned that they're from the KC Metro on the KS side, too. :) Other than that, I only know of two other forum members who live in the Great Flat-As-Shit state of KansASS, but I'm not exactly a clearinghouse of information either, so I digress.

Hmmm, any chance they may be sitting behind a proxy or nine? :spy:

Last edited:
@Morbid

Can we please turn this into a game? Called 5 hints? You give us 5 hints, and let us go crazy from there? Pleeeeeeaaassssseeeee?!?

You already knew that hearing of such letter, would make most here rage the fuck out. To not tell us further details is cruel and unusual punishment...

You got us all side eying everyone... :shifty:

Whoever it is, just own the fuck up. You should have the ovaries to stand by your own opinion, fucking 'trying to be anonymous' coward.

If I don't comment, will people assume it was me?

Shit... I just spoiled it...

ETA, I meant shit I spoiled my chance for people to assume it was me.

Morbid clearly made this up in hopes of sparking some, "bidding war to auction off the identity of this so called email sender to one lucky winner!". The true sender, if he/she exists, is likely in on it.

And if it isn't artificial, hate to say it, but donating money kinda earns em a right to voice their complaints, however dumb they may be. It'd be worse if someone who hadn't sent money started sending angry emails.

I was me. I was on my period.

( can someone tell me what I mean when I say rati)

Like I tell my daughter. Go brush your hair it looks so rati.
?????
Is it the same if lettuce looks like that. Is rati like shredded??
??????
(Serious question tho. . . . . not so much the comment. )But hate me anyways. . . . you'll love me again tomorrow.

Just kidding again. It wasn't me. I swear. Please don't hate me. It can kill me.

I'm guessing rati was meant to be ratio. Spelling is hard.

Also, lettuce on a sandwich is gross. As @Azryhael said, it's all about the tomato.

Not an overly intelligent woman either.

Anyone who has been on this site for any length of time knows that hate email gets posted so we can all share in the laughs.

Back