• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Nancy did not work for Uber or Lyft. She was a jitney driver, but her car did have Uber and Lyft stickers on the front side passenger window.

"An official from Uber told Channel 11 no one using the name of Sharena Nancy used its app during the weekend."

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stori...as-planning-to-sell-missing-toddler/981361467

I forgot to add this

"Family members told WPXI that Nancy was a jitney driver who had given a ride to Nalani, her father, and a friend. When Nalani's father got out of the vehicle, Nancy allegedly sped away with the child."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/amber-alert-pennsylvania-state-police-abducted-girl

I was holding on to hope they would find Nalani alive! So devastating!

@Craygor , I can only speak for My Husband, myself, and a few other drivers I am aware of, we are decent people. Our vehicles meet all State & Uber requirements, we carry insurance required. We, have to be able to get onto a Military installation, which means we cannot have anything on our records. I have a professional job that requires I have a pristine background, and have to be licensed by the State, my other half, spent 28 years in the Army and retired, and has since retired from the civilian sector as well. We are not trash, deviants, rapists, or anything of the sort. We are just hard working people trying to assure our bills are paid, in a society that sets little to no value on older citizens.
I very much understand your point of view. I assume that is your personal experience.
My only issue, is you, are putting all drivers in one category.
I drive too. There are always bad apples in every group.

Uber is a piece of shit, the senior execs are a frat bros miscoygnistic pieces of shit, the company toxic relationship with cities and the police make them even a bigger piece of shit. Fuck Uber and fuck anyone that uses that piece of shit company if they know anything about that company. Uber fucking lies, cheats, and steals from it employees, customers, and the community far worse than most businesses and play dumb when they are caught. Take a fucking taxi, taxi drivers have to pass background checks and most cities require them to pass test to ensure they know the city, its laws, and safety requirements. Most Uber drivers are just fucking rapist, thieves, or degenerates that can't cut it as legitimate taxi drivers and you are a fool to use one when there are other logical choices.
Don’t hold back, @Craygor ! Tell us how you really feel about Uber. :smuggrin:

January 31, 2020
The woman accused in the kidnapping and murder of a 2-year-old girl is headed to trial.

Sharena Nancy, 25, appeared in a courtroom Friday and was held for court on all charges.

In court, several family members wore t-shirts bearing the child’s face. They were silent as they walked by reporters, but their garments spoke volumes.

Nancy is facing criminal homicide, abuse of a corpse, kidnapping and other related charges in the death of 2-year-old Nalani Johnson last year.

Police say Nancy allegedly abducted the little girl in August of last year in Penn Hills. Johnson was later found dead on Sept. 3 in Indiana County.

The coroner’s report said it was “homicidal violence” that killed Johnson. He also found “small scrapes (and) abrasions’ on both sides of her face.”

An unidentified “yellowish substance” was found in Johnson’s stomach.

Last edited:
The woman who police say kidnapped and killed 2-year-old Nalani Johnson pleaded guilty Friday.

Sharena Nancy pleaded guilty to third-degree murder and kidnapping.

She has been sentenced to 15 to 30 years in prison.
Police say Nancy killed Johnson and abandoned her body in a park in Indiana County back in August 2019. Nancy had apparently been dating the little girl’s father, and abducted her following an argument.

Pittsburgh, PA – A woman has pleaded guilty to third-degree murder and kidnapping in the 2019 death of a western Pennsylvania toddler kidnapped near Pittsburgh and later found dead in a park dozens of miles away.

Sharena Nancy, 27, entered the plea Friday in Allegheny County Court as part of an agreement with prosecutors under which she was sentenced to 15 to 30 years in prison. She will receive credit for the 2 1/2 years she has spent behind bars.

The father of Nalani Johnson told authorities that Nancy, with whom he had been romantically involved, drove off with the toddler Aug. 31, 2019 in Penn Hills. The body of the child, who was about to have her second birthday, was found four days later in an Indiana County park about 37 miles (60 kilometers) away. Investigators said the girl was strapped into her car seat and in the same clothes she was last seen wearing.

The Indiana County coroner’s office ruled the death a homicide and called it consistent with suffocation. Authorities said there was no evidence to support Nancy's post-arrest allegation that the child’s father had sold her and she turned the toddler over to a woman in a roadside rendezvous. As part of the plea agreement, prosecutors withdrew charges of interference with the custody
of a child, concealment of children, and abuse of a corpse.

Defense attorney Anthony DeLuca called the case “an unimaginable tragedy," adding that there was “deep regret here in the courtroom on behalf of our client.” He said Nancy has served as a mentor to others at the county jail
and has shown a willingness to improve her own life and that of those around her.

More than 20 family members and other supporters were in court for the plea, many weeping as prosecutors reviewed the facts of the case. Some said they couldn't understand how the defendant, a mother of two children herself, could be capable of harming an innocent child.

“The fact that you are a mother shows what kind of monster

you really are,” the child's great-aunt, Pariss Johnson, told Nancy during a victim impact statement Friday.

Common Pleas Judge Bruce Beemer said there are no words to express the suffering of the family.

“You have robbed them, and robbed her, of that life," Beemer said. “She should be coming home and telling these wonderful people what happened in kindergarten, the friends she made. ... This poor family has been sentenced to life. I hope you understand that.”

Back