• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Polk County father disciplined his daughter by putting her hand over a hot stove top, police said.

A teacher noticed the 9-year-old arrived to class with a black eye and a burn mark on her hand, according to the Bartow Police Department. Officials said the teacher reported it to law enforcement and the Department of Children and Families.

Investigators said the victim’s father, Felipe Casanova, caught the child “stealing snacks at home” and wanted to “teach her a lesson." During the investigation, they learned the heat and pain from the hot stove caused her to pull her hand away and she fell to the floor. In the process, she hit her face on the counter, detectives said.

Detectives said Casanova was arrested after a “brief struggle” at his home. He was taken into custody on aggravated child abuse and resisting arrest charges.

Asshat...they should put his hand over a hot stove and just hold him there so he can't pull away. Poor little girl, kids should be able to have snacks and not get punished for wanting/taking one.

One of my own kids is a constant snacker.....literally, the worst thing I do is tell her she has to wait 15 minutes until supper or lunch or whatever. I would never raise a hand to her for wanting food.

Asshat...they should put his hand over a hot stove and just hold him there so he can't pull away. Poor little girl, kids should be able to have snacks and not get punished for wanting/taking one.

One of my own kids is a constant snacker.....literally, the worst thing I do is tell her she has to wait 15 minutes until supper or lunch or whatever. I would never raise a hand to her for wanting food.
I know it. I'm a feeder. I want everyone to eat, snack, eat, snack, and then have a little snack at bed time.
None of my kids have ever been obese.

The black eye was bad enough. He didn't need to go all psycho on her with the burn. I'm glad the teacher did the right thing. I hope the foster parents she'll have will treat her way better. What a jerk!

Kiddo has access to as many healthy snacks as he wants... we do have other snacks that I keep kind of hidden n will just take one or two out at a time and add them into the snack cabinet... MY snacks - are in my bedroom - or way back of fridge behind shit - or very top of freezer where he cant see them :)

I don't think letting kids eat so many junk food snacks that they don't want real food at meal time is a good idea, but otherwise, I'm all for snacking. Our bodies tell us when the want food, including kids.

Since this stupid mouth-breathing idiot thinks this is such a good punishment, hold HIS hand on the stove for...oh, maybe 5-6 hours.

There is something particularly cruel about forcing a child's hand to be burned on a hot stove. Think about the last time you got a burn on your hand - I am sure it hurt pretty badly! Your hands are full of nerve endings!! Not to mention, don't all parents already know it's our job to feed our kids regularly: breakfast, lunch and dinner and many snacks throughout the day and evenings too?? I would like to hire a really big, mean man to give this asshat some of his own "medicine" for weeks and weeks on end... Where is the little girl's mother??

Back