• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A four-year-old girl lost her life in a late-night go-kart crash when police say her father took her and his older daughter on a ride in Detroit and lost control.

Officials say the accident happened at around 3am Wednesday on the city's west side.

The girl's 29-year-old father was driving the go-kart with the four-year-old, identified by family and friends as Autumn Young, when he crashed the vehicle into a parked car, reported WDIV.

According to a relative, Autumn's six-year-old sister was also along for the ride with their dad, reported Fox 2.

The impact of the collision reportedly sent the father and his daughters flying off the vehicle.

Family members transported Autumn to a hospital, but she died from blunt force trauma to the head.

Her father was taken to a hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries, and his surviving daughter sustained bruises that did not require hospitalization, according to a police detective.

On Wednesday afternoon, the father was discharged from the hospital and taken into the custody of the Detroit police.

A request for a warrant will be submitted to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6110413/4-year-old-girl-dies-kart-crash-Detroit-street.html
4F82553300000578-6110413-image-m-55_1535577386652.jpg

What could have been a really cool memory if done in a safe manner..poor child. At least her last memory was doing something fun with dad, hopefully.

There but by the grace of God go I. My Poppy did this sort of thing with us grandkids all the time, and that man wasn't sober a day in his life! He just hid it well.

I'm confused.
1. Why go cart at 3am?
2. Why arrest the father?
3. Was he drunk?

3am because he was less likely to get hit by another car. Little did he calculate him hitting a parked car.

Arresting the father because he caused her death while committing a crime.
Driving a go cart on the street and not having helmets on the girls.

I don't know about drugs or alcohol.

If only.

Last edited:
3am because he was less likely to get hit by another car. Little did he calculate him hitting a parked car.

Arresting the father because he caused her death while committing a crime.
Driving a go cart on the street and not having helmets on the girls.

I don't know about drugs or alcohol.

If only.
I didn't know there were particular go cart laws. Learn something new every day

I didn't know there were particular go cart laws. Learn something new every day

Go karts are not street legal vehicles. And I presume Michigan has helmet laws for motorized vehicles at the very least.

Last edited:
I'm confused.
1. Why go cart at 3am?
2. Why arrest the father?
3. Was he drunk?
Go cart at 3 am because you’re not supposed to, allowing kids to do something they wouldn’t normally get to do, less traffic. My thought is no helmets on the girls, maybe on a main road, and probably under the influence for reasons to arrest dad.

I find this case extra sad, because here was a father who WAS there for his kids, spent time with them, tried to do something fun with them. He made poor decisions that night, but I think his heart was in the right place. He was in his kids' lives, unlike so many others. I feel bad for everyone involved.
He's been charged with DUI.
. A Detroit father was allegedly drunk during a go-kart crash that killed his 4-year-old daughter and injured his 5-year-old daughter early Thursday morning
https://www.wxyz.com/news/detroit-d...k-during-go-kart-crash-that-killed-4-year-old

I don't mind a Go Fund Me for a reasonable amount for funeral expenses.
$5000 is very reasonable for a normal funeral. My dad chose to be cremated and it was still almost $2500.

https://smartasset.com/life-insurance/how-much-does-the-average-funeral-cost

The average funeral costs $7,181. That $7,181 includes a viewing and burial, embalming, hearse, transfer of remains, service fee and more. It doesn’t, however, include the cost of, say, a catered luncheon with drinks after the memorial service, which can add hundreds if not thousands of dollars to the cost.
Between 2004 and 2014, the median cost of an adult funeral increased 28.6%, from $5,582 to $7,181, according to the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA). 28.6% may seem like a steep rate of increase, but between 1980 and 1989 average funeral costs rose by 87%.

Ollante Young, the father charged in the connection with the August 2018 fatal go kart crash that killed his four-year-old daughter in Detroit, was sentenced.

Young was sentenced to 3 to 10 years in the Michigan Department of Corrections by Judge Prentis Edwards.

Ollante Arvell Young, 29-years-old, of Detroit, had been charged in connection with the fatal crash of a go-kart which killed one child and injured another.

It is alleged that Ollante Young drove the vehicle while intoxicated. The two victims are his children.

Back