• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Deputies said a father accidentally shot himself at his daughter's 16th birthday party in Humble Saturday.

It happened at a home on Wintergreen Drive near Woodland Hills Drive.

Detectives said the man was spinning his gun on his finger when it went off. He shot himself in the stomach and is now in the hospital, officials said.

Deputies have not shared an update on how he's doing.

I actually saw something like this happen once. Moron had just bought a pistol and was drunk, trying to quick draw like he was cool, spinning it around. Basically all the dumbass moves you see on TV. I told him he needed to put it away and have another beer.

He refused, so I went and got my bro. I was gonna go left, he was gonna go right and we were gonna take it from him. We made it about 2 steps in his direction when it went off! The bullet hit a girl in the cheek and lodged in the back of her skull, right by her spine. She survived and his ass went to jail with a felony and isn't allowed guns.

I had PTSD for a long time after being in a car with my cop boyfriend who was drunk started waving his service weapon during which it was pointed at my face most of the time. It took years for me to be comfortable in the same room as a gun. I'm over it now since my son and d-i-l have guns and are very responsible, so I trust them completely. It would come right back, though, if I was trapped in a situation with an irresponsible person.

Back