• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/2...e-murder-attempted-sexual-assault-cases.html?

A Florida jail is housing a 39-year-old man and his father who were both Palm Beach County sheriff’s deputies before getting into trouble with the law in separate cases, the Sun Sentinel reports.

Dad Carlton Nebergall Jr., 61, is awaiting trial in the Feb. 19 murder of his daughter’s estranged husband, according to the paper.

The son, Jason Nebergall, was convicted by a jury July 13 of trying to rape a woman while on duty in 2016.

They are both behind bars at the Palm Beach County Jail, the paper reported.

“It’s sadly and unfortunately coincidental,” defense attorney Michael Salnick told the paper. He represents both men and is working to get them released.

The Sun Sentinel reported that both men were veterans of the U.S. Army. The son was in Iraq for two tours.

The elder Nebergall served as a Palm Beach deputy for 27 years. He was recognized with a good conduct medal for 25 years of exemplary conduct in 2010, according to the paper. He retired in 2012.

His son became a Palm Beach deputy in 2013. He remains on unpaid leave following his conviction.

The son met his accuser when he responded to a call.

Prosecutors said DNA evidence supported her attempted rape claim.

Couple of DNA misfires.
Something was clearly missing in the heads of these two pricks.
Former popo behind bars is a felons wet dream, right behind kid diddlers.

Used to live in Palm Beach County. I could tell stories about Southern law enforcement in the 70's, but it's no different than what you see today.

Clearly daddy's ambivalence towards the law rubbed off on his son. Also it's good to know his daughter didn't convince her dad to murder her Dad in some kind of murder for hire plot.

For more than 20 minutes, Katrina Nebergalldid chest compressions on her estranged husband, trying to keep him alive after her father had shot him in the head. During that time, she cursed at her father, Carlton Nebergall Jr., because neither she nor authorities knew where he was, according to 911 calls released by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. She worried he might go into The Acreage home they shared, where her two sons remained.

“He better not go in that house with my (expletive) kids.” she said. “He’s doing this (expletive) on purpose. That son of a (expletive).”

Carlton Nebergall Jr., 61, faces one count of first-degree murder in the Feb. 18 fatal shooting of his son-in-law, Jacob Lodge, 36. The motive for the shooting remains unknown, but family and authorities said the two men did not get along. According to Nebergall’s arrest report, deputies wrote that he disliked his son-in-law "during the entire relationship" between Lodge and his daughter.

The scene

Of the 911 calls released Wednesday, neighbors knew Carlton Nebergall Jr. was a former law-enforcement officer. Several knew about a history between him and Lodge. One unidentified woman — who slowly realized someone was dead as she spoke with the dispatcher — said, “I don’t think he’s mentally stable at all. Like, I don’t think it was a justified shot.”

As she explained the situation, screams are heard in the background. The dispatcher asked her what was going on.

“Carl, he’s shoving his daughter. He’s in a fight with his daughter. He shot this daughter’s baby daddy or whatever,” the woman said. “His daughter is saying he had no right to do that.”

Deputies said Lodge and his estranged wife met outside the residence that night to exchange their children's clothes. The interaction was planned and the pair had done it several times, according to records. Katrina Nebergall later told investigators as she spoke with Lodge, she noticed that he looked startled for a moment. She saw her father had come outside with a gun. As she told her father to go inside, Lodge headed back to his car to leave, and Carlton Nebergall fired shots into the air.

His daughter said he was "belligerent, screaming expletives" at Lodge.

After she went inside to check on her children, she and neighbors heard more gunfire: Carlton Nebergall shot Lodge in the head, according to the report. Though those at the scene attempted to save him, Lodge later died at St. Mary’s Medical Center in West Palm Beach, according to the sheriff’s office.

A man who told dispatchers he did not know Nebergall’s name walked up to the scene to give dispatchers a better idea of what was going on. He spoke with Nebergall, asked him for his name and where his weapon was. Nebergall gave his name and sheriff’s office ID number. Then he said his gun was in his pocket.

The deputy

Nebergall worked at the Lantana Police Department from 1981 to 1985. The same year, he began working at the sheriff’s office and stayed there until his retirement in 2012. According to internal-affairs files released by the sheriff’s office this week, in his 30-plus years, Nebergall had about a dozen complaints and subsequent investigations, mainly concerning rude demeanor during traffic stops. He was reprimanded in three of those cases, and in each he received counseling, according to records.

In one case in 2011, Nebergall admitted to saying he would blow the head off someone he had pulled over for speeding. He said it was a “very poor choice of words.” In 2003, he was accused of shooting at a vehicle during a traffic stop. The complaint was unfounded, according to records.

On the night of the shooting, a woman who knows Nebergall called 911 to report the shooting. She explained the former deputy was standing over Lodge’s body, but wasn’t doing anything. As the screams of a woman — presumably Katrina Nebergall — are heard in the background, the caller told her to go back inside with her children.

“You do not need to see this, sweetheart,” she said.

The woman then went over to Lodge and tried to keep him awake.

Jake, Jake, can you open your eyes, Jake? Listen to me, Jake.”

“Ma’am who are you talking to?” the dispatcher said.

“I’m talking to the victim that is shot,” she replied.

“He’s still alive?”

“Barely.”

The arrest

During the call, Katrina Nebergall eventually made her way back outside. As the woman on the line held Lodge’s head and put pressure on the wound, Katrina Nebergall did chest compressions with the assistance of the dispatcher. At one point, she is heard making a phone call and reaching one of her sons, who she said is inside the home.

“Is Pawpaw in the house with you?” she asked. “I want you to be a brave boy for me and lock the front door. Do not let Pawpaw in the house.”

As she continued to do chest compressions, someone approached her and she screamed that they can’t find her father.

“You can’t talk to me right now. I’m trying to save Jacob,” she said with the sound of helicopter in the background. Deputies were searching for her father.

In one of the 911 last calls, a man spoke faintly into the phone. He said he lived in the home next to Nebergall.

“The man, the gunman, is under my car,” he said.

“He’s under your car?” the dispatcher asked.

“Yes.”

“What kind of car?”

“It’s an Infiniti,” the man said. “He’s armed under my car.”

“You see the gun?”

“Yeah,” he said. “And he’s been hiding for a while.”

Deputies eventually arrested Nebergall trying to hide under the car and found the .38-caliber chrome revolver under a palm tree.

Nebergall has remained in the Palm Beach County Jail without bail since the shooting. His next court appearance is set for March 21, according to court records.
LINK

Back