• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Police say a man is facing child endangerment charges after he brought his 1-year-old son along to shoot a saguaro cactus at Piestewa Peak Monday evening.

According to court documents, Nicholas Forte invited two friends to fire a glock 9mm handgun at a cactus on the Hopi trail head Monday evening. Forte had his 1-year-old son with him because he said his wife needed a break from the child.

Forte and his two friends, Kyonne Hodge and Aaron Bradford, told police they took turns watching the child under a ramada as they smoked marijuana and fired the gun at the cactus, court documents say. Forte said he shot at the cactus seven to 12 times.

Police responded to the park when residents in the area started to report they heard shots fired. According to the court documents, the officer who arrived on scene could hear the gunshots as he was approaching.

I loved the Arizona landscape and it was a real treat for me to see the saguaro cactus like in the old western movies I watched as a kid. I'm surprised they didn't tack more charges onto these guys for shooting the protected cactus. I'll also say that child is probably lucky to be alive after that drunken adventure.

"After he was arrested, Forte told police that he thought it was OK to shoot his gun at the park."

Gimme a break! He takes a child with him to a public park to shoot a gun, and doesn't think that there may be other people and children in the park? Get a fucking brain, moron!

I loved the Arizona landscape and it was a real treat for me to see the saguaro cactus like in the old western movies I watched as a kid. I'm surprised they didn't tack more charges onto these guys for shooting the protected cactus. I'll also say that child is probably lucky to be alive after that drunken adventure.

One of my first thoughts too. I think destroying the cactus is a felony though so it might just be a jurisdictional issue with more charges to come. I dislike the fact that they shot a rare plant more than the fact he shot with a baby around.

Back