• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 31-year-old Florida man was arrested for abandoning a 10-year-old child in a parking lot after the boy became sick in his vehicle.

Deputies said, a FedEx driver witnessed the incident. The driver said Griffis cursed at the boy as he kicked him out of the car for getting sick inside the vehicle.

Deputies arrived and were with the FedEx driver and the child when Christopher Griffis returned.

Deputies said that, when they approached Griffis and explained that they were investigating the 10-year-old being left alone, Griffis rolled up his windows and yelled that the deputies were holding the child hostage.

Authorities said Griffis had three other children inside the car, ranging from 1-7 years old, who then started screaming and crying. One of the children agreed to unlock the passenger door when a deputy asked, but as the child tried to unlock the door, Griffis quickly reversed and then hit his brakes, screeching his tires.

Deputies witnessed as Griffis then sped forward, almost hitting curbs before running a stop sign, leaving the 10-year-old behind once again.

Investigators arrested Griffis Thursday evening, charging him with four counts of child neglect, one count of resisting an officer without violence and one count of reckless driving.

Court records show multiple injunctions filed against Griffis for repeated allegations of violence. Griffis also has multiple convictions for battery.

None of the children were injured in the incident. It's unclear if the children are now staying with a relative or in protective custody.

Last edited:
Terminate parental rights before you post ‘nobody could have predicted this horrible event’ when one or all of them turn up dead .. how many physical assault charges does he need to collect before he automatically goes to jail.. if he passes go.. DO NOT collect jack shit except an ass whipping, jail time, sterilization and a lifetime order to not be around children under the age of 18 years or where they may gather.. alternative bullet to the temple ;)

So he kicked the kid out but continued to ride around in the stinky car? No idea what thought process made him think leaving the kid with the police was a good idea.

Many comedians have a ‘my child pooped/barfed and it totally incompasitated me’ skit. I always thought “geez what a wimp” until the day came that my daughter projectile vomited pineapple, cheese and chocolate milk all over the back seat. In the middle of heat wave. I barely made it home I was dry heaving so hard. Had to park outside. Couldn’t clean the car out until the kids were napping, which was about 3 hours later. I ended up having to get a gas mask because I couldn’t get within 3 feet of the car.

1676063687057.png

Name:GRIFFIS, CHRISTOPHER R
Release Date: 01/05/2021

Current Prison Sentence History:​

Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Prison Sentence Length
12/28/2018 2+ SIMPLE BATTERY 10/30/2019ST. JOHNS18019522Y 0M 0D
04/10/2019 CHILD NEGLECT 10/30/2019ST. JOHNS19005572Y 0M 0D
04/10/2019 CHILD NEGLECT 10/30/2019ST. JOHNS19005572Y 0M 0D

If my kid had barfed in the car, I'd leave the car and we'd walk home! What he did made absolutely no sense at all.

At least once a week one of mine was waking me up in the middle of the night saying I don't feel good. I'm screaming, bathroom! bathroom! bathroom! as they puke in the hall floor in front of the bathroom. It happened every time.

So he kicked the kid out but continued to ride around in the stinky car? No idea what thought process made him think leaving the kid with the police was a good idea.

Many comedians have a ‘my child pooped/barfed and it totally incompasitated me’ skit. I always thought “geez what a wimp” until the day came that my daughter projectile vomited pineapple, cheese and chocolate milk all over the back seat. In the middle of heat wave. I barely made it home I was dry heaving so hard. Had to park outside. Couldn’t clean the car out until the kids were napping, which was about 3 hours later. I ended up having to get a gas mask because I couldn’t get within 3 feet of the car.
Imagine having that happen with her in the front seat... Chunks streaming down the windshield in the hot sun... AC up so high that it starts to rain...

Back