• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 2-year-old boy is in critical condition after being shot by a man during a domestic dispute Tuesday afternoon, police said.

Officers were called at about 12:30 p.m., April 16, to a home for a report of a shooting, Blackman-Leoni Township Public Safety Director Mike Jester said.

The suspect, a 32-year-old man, and the child’s mother had been in a domestic dispute shortly before the mother loaded the child in her vehicle and started to leave, Jester said.

The man came out of the home with a shotgun and shot the child through the rear passenger door window of the woman’s car, hitting the child in the face and arm, Jester said.

The man fled prior to police arrival, Jester said. The child was taken to Henry Ford Allegiance Health in critical condition, he said.

Last edited:
A father intentionally shot his 2-year-old son in the face during a fight with the boy’s mother, prosecutors said.

Michael Christopher Glance, 32, was arraigned via video Thursday afternoon, April 18, by Magistrate Judge Fred Bishop on multiple felony charges for the April 16 shooting and attempted murder of his son.

Glance is charged with three counts each of assault with intent to murder and felony firearms. Wearing jailhouse orange, he appeared indifferent with the allegations made against him.

“For whatever reason, Mr. Glance decided to take his anger out on his 2-year-old child that day,” Jackson County Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Kati Rezmierski said.

During an argument with the boy’s mother, Nicole McCarthy, at his Blackman Township home in the 400 block of Barrett Avenue, Glance held a pistol to his son’s temple and squeezed the trigger, but it did not fire, Rezmierski said.

“It was by some divine intervention that gun malfunctioned and his life was spared, but how much of it was really spared?” she asked.

The mother took the boy to her car, strapped him in his car seat and was getting ready to leave when Glance came out of the house with a shotgun, Rezmierski said.

“He pointed the gun directly at his son and blew half of his face off,” she said.

Glance wasn’t done with his assault, as he began to chase the boy’s mother with his malfunctioning handgun, trying to get it to fire, before fleeing the scene, Rezmierski added.

The child was taken to Henry Ford Allegiance Health in critical condition and later transferred to C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor, officials said. He is still in critical condition.

Ryker is recovering from his first round of surgeries, however, he started a fever last night. This was a large concern for doctors and means that his body is either rejecting the surgery or he has an infection. The feeding tube was unsuccessful and doctors are attempting to place another line into his stomach along with a line that will provide medicine to fight the fever and potential infection. As reported in the news, Ryker was hit with a shotgun blast inches from his face. As a result, Ryker lost half of his hand and a significant portion of his face so his surgeries were very extensive. Please continue to keep him and his mother, Nicole, in your thoughts as Ryker continues to battle this tragedy.

This monster has destroyed what is probably the best thing he created in his pathetic life.

Last edited:
"Michael Christopher Glance, 32, faces multiple felony charges in connection with the April 16 shooting of his son.

Jackson County Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Kati Rezmierski said Glance got into argument with the boy’s mother, Nicole McCarthy, in their Blackman Township home. Glance allegedly held a pistol to the boy’s temple and pulled the trigger, but it malfunctioned, mlive.com reported.

The mother took the boy to the car and strapped him in a seat, the report said. Glance came out of the house with a shotgun and allegedly fired the weapon, blowing half his son’s face off, according to the report. Glance fired at the mother as she fled the scene with her son in the car, but the shotgun malfunctioned, Rezmierski said.

The boy was taken to Henry Ford Allegiance Health then transferred to C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor where he remains in critical condition, officials said."

News1j.jpg
News1k.jpg

@Satanica
A man accused of intentionally shooting his 2-year-old son in the face tried to fake a mental illness, a forensic psychiatrist has determined.

Michael Glance, 32 of Blackman Township, was found mentally competent for trial on Thursday, July 25, after originally being ruled mentally incompetent.

Glance’s first assessment, cited in a report dated May 22, said he was mentally incompetent for trial. However, Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Kati Rezmierski argued that Glance was faking his symptoms at a May 31 competency hearing.

A second assessment of Glance from the Center for Forensic Psychiatry, dated June 19, determined the mental illness diagnosed earlier was in fact faked, Jackson District Court Judge Michael Klaeren said.

Glance was arraigned April 18 on three charges each of assault with intent to murder and felony firearm in the April 16 shooting of his son, 2-year-old Ryker Glance.

During an argument on April 16, with Nicole McCarthy, Ryker’s mother, Glance held a pistol to his son’s head and pulled the trigger, but it did not fire, prosecutors previously said.

McCarthy strapped Ryker in his car seat and was getting ready to drive away when Glance came out of the house with a shotgun and shot his son in the face, they said.

Ryker left Ann Arbor’s C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital after spending 27 days there. He’s gone through multiple surgeries and a California-based charity, Face Forward International, reached out to the family to provide free reconstructive surgery to remove or lessen the scars.

It's pretty obvious he doesn't give two shits for his family and only thinks of himself (oh noes, I'm angry at my wife and she's leaving, I should kill the boy / Oh noes, I'm can't be responsible and go to jail, I have a MENTAL ILLNESS).

Fucking pathetic. He should have just done the right thing and turned the shotgun on himself.

Michael Glance, 33, pleaded no contest Friday, Dec. 11, to three felony charges of assault with intent to murder and three charges of felony firearms for shooting his young son in the face.

The no contest plea minimizes Glance’s civil liability as there are significant medical bills, defense attorney Andrew Kirkpatrick said in court.
Ryker was taken to Henry Ford Allegiance Health before being transferred to Ann Arbor’s C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. He spent 27 days there and has gone through multiple surgeries. A California-based charity, Face Forward International, reached out to the family to provide free reconstructive surgery to remove or lessen the scars.

The greater Jackson community rallied to help McCarthy and her son. Art Moehn Auto Group gave her a free three-year lease on a new Chevrolet Equinox SUV. A GoFundMe raised $82,586 for the family before it was closed.

Monstrous. That little boy will suffer both physically and psychologically for the rest of his life due to this disfigurement.

I had no idea a plea of no contest limited liability, but seriously, this isn't a deep pocket guy regardless, so I guess that's no big loss. Crimes like this come along and I wonder if we even have a law and punishment adequate to the immensity of the crime. Who would ever have thought that blowing off half of a toddler's face would have to be codified?

A California-based charity, Face Forward International, reached out to the family to provide free reconstructive surgery to remove or lessen the scars.

The greater Jackson community rallied to help McCarthy and her son. Art Moehn Auto Group gave her a free three-year lease on a new Chevrolet Equinox SUV.

God bless 'em.

The father who shot his then 2-year-old son in the face in 2019 is going to prison.

Michael Glance, 34, was sentenced to 35 years to life for three felony charges of assault with intent to murder and the statuary mandate of two years for three charges of felony firearms during a virtual appearance before Jackson County Circuit Judge Thomas Wilson on Thursday, Feb. 25.
Glance shot his young son, Ryker Glance, in the face on April 16, 2019, during an argument with the boy’s mother, Nicole McCarthy, at Glance’s home in the 400 block of Barrett Avenue in Blackman Township. Ryker survived and has had 14 surgeries, with more to happen as he grows, McCarthy testified on Thursday.
“I’m a very caring, compassionate person. But what (Glance) did is inexcusable,” McCarthy said. “It’s evil. The fact that he could look his own child in the face and do what he did just shows the type of person he is. I feel he shouldn’t be able to live a normal life because Ryker never will.”

“My son has to live every single day, not like the normal children,” McCarthy said through tears. “He don’t have half of his hand, his face is never going to be normal.”
Glance apologized during the sentencing, saying he had issues with his mental health at the time and doesn’t know how it got that bad.

“I love my son with all my heart,” he said. “That’s the truth,” Glance said. “What I did is not right. Every day I suffer. I live with great pain. My soul aches every day with fire and feelings that nobody should have to feel. I want you to know I’m truly sorry and this never should have happened.”

“I love my son with all my heart,” he said. “That’s the truth,” Glance said. “What I did is not right. Every day I suffer. I live with great pain. My soul aches every day with fire and feelings that nobody should have to feel. I want you to know I’m truly sorry and this never should have happened.”

And still it's all about you and what you feel. .

And still it's all about you and what you feel. .
Exactly!
This “didn’t happen” asshole. You deliberately shot your son in the face. YOU!
You were even given a chance to take back your monstrous attempt after the first gun didn’t go off.
And then you have the nerve to go on about the pain in your soul no one should have to feel?!? Seriously? I only hope there is a hell for your soul to spend burning eternally.

Back