• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Muriel Schwenck

Beloved Curmudgeon
hat tip @Keepalowprofile

5d685047be60d-image.jpg

Aug 29, 2019
[...]

Pilar Martinez Jr., 48, is charged with felonies of operating while intoxicated causing injury as a second and subsequent offense, and hit and run involving an injury, and misdemeanors reckless driving causing injury and misdemeanor bail jumping.
[...]

At about 6:42 p.m. Aug. 9, officer Mariah Vogel was dispatched to an apartment complex on W. Third Street in Necedah for a report that a driver, later identified as Martinez, had struck a person with his vehicle and left the scene.

Arriving on scene Vogel found six people standing around an individual in a lawn chair who had obvious injuries to his ribs and legs.

Vogel spoke with the victim’s mother, who stated Martinez was her husband, and he had run over her son twice with the car. She said Martinez had been drinking, and that several people tried to stop him from driving, but he drove anyway.

Martinez put the car in reverse and accelerated, hitting his son’s leg, and then put the car in drive and “hit the gas while heading right for” his son. The passenger side of the car hit the son, sending him flying through the air, after which Martinez left in the vehicle.

A second witness confirmed the account, and added that it looked like Martinez hit his son intentionally.

The son, who the offer [sic] reported was heavily intoxicated, told Vogel that he did not want to report anything. He initially said he was run over by a car, but later said nothing happened.

[...]

Pilar allegedly admitted to drinking to the officer who arrested him, and the keys to the car were found in his pocket. The hood of the vehicle was still warm, and no one else was found in the residence. Martinez claimed to have been at work all day, but the officer discovered Martinez had not been at work.

While being transported to jail, Martinez told Vogel multiple times that “you will get your ass kicked in court ‘cause you can’t prove I was driving my car because everybody there was drunk.”

Martinez refused a field sobriety test and blood draw. A warrant was obtained for the blood draw. After the blood draw, Martinez told Vogel he was sorry and “I had some fireball and then I got drunk and stupid and I’m sorry because that’s not your fault.”
[...]

Back