• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Delicia Daniel, 29, and her boyfriend, Kyle Christopher, 22, were both charged with first-degree murder and other charges during their advisement hearing, in connection with the death of 4-year-old Aaron Benjamin, Jr., who was found dead in his mother’s Lorraine Village housing community apartment on Friday.

As previously reported by the Consortium, it was revealed during the advisement hearing that the father had been attempting to gain custody of his son fearing that the boy was being abused by his mother and her boyfriend. Yet even after numerous attempts and after registering a number of complaints with the Dept. of Human Services, he was not granted custody. During the Tuesday advisement hearing, it was further revealed that the deceased boy’s sister, who is also the child of the father, Aaron Benjamin Sr., also experienced a pattern of abuse by the mother and her boyfriend.

According to a person with intimate knowledge of the matter, Mr. Benjamin’s experience with the Dept. of Human Services while attempting to alert the department of the abuse of his children was disheartening. “They even hung up the phone on him a number of times,” this person said. Following the death of Mr. Benjamin’s 4-year-old son, D.H.S. has been reaching out to the father, and has also offered to pay for funeral costs — an offer the father, according to this person, did not accept.

Ms. Daniel and Mr. Christopher — the latter who admitted to beating the child causing him to fall and hit his head against a chair — were also charged with aggravated assault and battery, aggravated child abuse and neglect, and third-degree assault. Bail was set at $1 million, and both suspects were remanded to the Golden Grove Detention Center pending their advisement hearing.
According to the affidavit, the deceased child, who was examined by Dr. Leslie Burton at the Juan F. Luis Hospital, was dead on arrival. He also had a black and blue left eye, bite marks and fresh and old abrasions.

Officers said the girl child told police that “Daddy Kyle beats her and her brother with a black stick.”

Mr. Benjamin told police that a court order prevented him from having his children, and that the mother had kept them away from him since June. He told police that both his children had told him they were being beaten by Mr. Christopher, and that since April, he noticed his daughter had a black eye. The children had also expressed to their father that they did not want to go back to their mother’s Lorraine Village apartment. And as relayed to the Consortium by a source, Mr. Benjamin told police that he made several reports to the Dept. of Human Services concerning the abuse.

Mr. Christoper told police that on Oct. 10 at about 7:00 a.m., he slapped Aaron in the face for stealing his sister’s Caprisun drink. The boy stumbled and fell, hitting his head against a chair. Thereafter, Aaron started to vomit, according to Mr. Christopher, who also told police that the boy continued vomiting and stumbling throughout the day.

The following day, Oct. 11, Aaron’s condition hadn’t improved. Mr. Christopher told police that at about noon that day, Aaron asked to use the bathroom but couldn’t stand on his own, so he had to be assisted. The boy then stopped breathing, Mr. Christopher told detectives, according to the affidavit.

Initially, Ms. Daniel told detectives that Mr. Christopher did not strike the children and that she was the only one to do so. Ms. Daniel later changed her statement to concede that Mr. Christopher did hit the children, although she said it wasn’t in her presence.
1571284384107.png
1571284402923.png

DHS is rapidly becoming a number one cause of death for children.
How useless are those a-holes?

The mom should never be the automatic choice for custody.
Try investigating correctly.
Actual lives are at stake.

The mom should never be the automatic choice for custody.
I dont think mom was an automatic choice. Sounds like bio dad fucked up and took his chances with them away all on his own
Mr. Benjamin told police that a court order prevented him from having his children

This did not happen in the states.
Technically it did happen in the states lol the virgin islands are US territories and are overseen and run by the American government. They are not sovereign entities. In fact the US constitution is applicable there(or parts of it because the virgin islands are considered unincorporated). The US has 19 such territories. All 19 are part of the states when it comes to laws and what government rules over them. Their laws are passed before congress too.

That is indeed true. You don't need a passport to go to VI. knew a scumbag who owed a lot of child support. In fact, never paid more than a couple of hundred. He remarried and they wanted a fab honeymoon in the Carribbean and then he couldn't get a passport, so they went to VI. I was so bummed that their trip wasn't ruined.

Look I hate DHS more than anyone, I mean I really hate them, however I realize they occasionally make the right call and we only hear about the missed calls, but dam do they make an incredible amount of bad call. The biggest bullshit is they do internal investigations always find no wrong doing, they followed procedure, but they’ll make changes so this never happens again, Fuck you DHS
I apologize to the few good employees

Two years after the 4-year-old child’s tragic beating death, Aaron Benjamin Jr.’s mother has pleaded guilty to child abuse, according to V.I. Attorney General Denise George.

Delicia Daniel, 31, entered a plea agreement with prosecutors on Oct. 4, which was accepted at a hearing in V.I. Superior Court on St. Croix Friday, George said in a statement issued Tuesday night.

Daniel and her boyfriend and co-defendant, Kyle Christopher, were both initially charged with first-degree murder and related crimes.

In exchange for pleading guilty to the single count of child abuse, prosecutors agreed to dismiss the remaining charges against Daniel.

The man who admitted to the fatal beating of four-year-old Aaron Benjamin Jr. was sentenced to 24 years in prison. The child’s lifeless body was found in the home he shared with his mother and her boyfriend, Kyle Christopher.

An autopsy performed by the V.I. Medical Examiner after Aaron’s death on Oct. 10, 2019 said the boy died from blunt force trauma. Both Christopher and Delicia Daniel — Aaron’s mother — were arrested and charged.

Daniel pleaded guilty to child abuse, and in October 2021, she was sentenced to 20 years in prison. On Wednesday, Superior Court Judge Harold Willocks gave Christopher a similar penalty. He was sentenced to 24 years after pleading guilty to aggravated child abuse; four years of that sentence was credited to time served.

Delicia Daniel, the mother of 4-year-old Aaron Benjamin Jr., made an emotional apology, turning first to her son’s father, Aaron Benjamin Sr., who sat alone in the gallery.
“I’m really, really sorry for putting you and my daughter through this tragedy,” Daniel said. “I was in a weak state of mind and I should have gotten the guts to help my son.”

Benjamin sat silently and shook his head after Daniel spoke. At one point he dropped his head and cried. Benjamin chose not to make a statement during Wednesday’s hearing, and declined to comment outside of the courtroom.

Back