• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Jacksonville, Arkansas man is accused of murdering his daughter by putting her in a shower that was so hot her skin was burned and slipped off.

On Dec. 18, police responded to a call about a suspicious incident involving a child. Derek Shockley told police he gave his 1-year-old daughter a shower and her skin started to slip off after the shower.

The child was transported to a local hospital’s critical care unit. Doctors classified her as a level II Trauma and said her injuries were caused by intense heat that burned two-thirds of her body.

The girl died at the hospital on Dec. 27, after developing septic shock and organ failure as a result of being scalded with hot water.
https://www.wkrn.com/news/father-ch...hower-that-caused-skin-to-slip-off/1679199227
1546124076538.png

I was sadly right
When officers arrived at the scene, they spoke with 20-year-old Derek Shockley, who said he gave his 1-year-old daughter a shower after she soiled herself.

Shockley says after the shower, her skin started to slip off.

Authorities say the child was transported to the Arkansas Children's Hospital Critical Care Unit.

At the unit, she was listed as having level II trauma injuries from the intensely heated water.

Police say that the water in the shower reached 153 degrees.

The heat of the water caused burns to two-thirds of the child's body.

The child died on Dec. 27 as a result of her injuries. She developed septic shock and organ failure from being scalded by the hot water, say officials.
https://katv.com/news/local/jackson...aughter-dies-from-scalding-hot-water-injuries
Poor Pudd

Did a shower really cause this level of injury or did he plunge her directly in hot water first, then blame the shower?
I am afraid to crank up my hot water heater to a level to get 153 degrees in a shower. What amazing appliance do these people have that I don't?
I'd love to wash some laundry like nasty work clothes and some men's smalls at that temp. But I never set the hot water tank beyond 140 and that was for an hour for a special task. No children ever visit this farmstead.
These skin peeling injuries are never an accident because anyone who burns a child so badly knows exactly what is wrong the nano-second the baby touches scalding water and screams.

Last edited:
... the water in the shower reached 153 degrees.
That's one damn high hot water setting! Proper home hot water temperature is 120° and never above 140°.

By the fucking way, this may come as a surprise to some, but probably not to my DD brothers and sisters, but Derek was Arkansas Most Wanted just 2 months ago.
Most Wanted: Derek Shockley
October 28, 2018
COTTON PLANT, Ark. -- Deputies are asking for your help tracking down Derek Shockley.

Authorities say he's about 5'6", with a slim build, black hair and brown eyes.

His last known address was on Main Street in Cotton Plant, Arkansas, and should be considered armed and dangerous.
[...]
https://www.kark.com/crime/most-wanted/most-wanted-derek-shockley/1558008979

1546194627836.png

Derek "I can't go out 2018 without some street cred, so its either shoot a man or boil a baby ... maybe I should hedge my bets and do both?" Shockle

Last edited:
Definitely boil the bastard! In a big black cauldron over a roaring fire with cannibals circling around him, spears in their hands and bones in their noses. They'll know he's done when his skin slips off.
baba oom bah gah yay chanting over and over

I think fuckbot here needs A LOT of shower time with the biggest prison bulls you can find.

@Satanica
A 21-year-old Jacksonville man accused of scalding his infant daughter with bath water and shooting a man in separate incidents about three months apart has accepted a 30-year prison sentence.

Derek Anthony Shockley Jr.'s daughter died of septic shock and organ failure two days after Christmas, after spending nine days at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Germanii Amarii Stewart was burned on over two-thirds of her body, Jacksonville police said.

Shockley has been jailed since his arrest Dec. 18, the day police found the 13½-month-old girl crying and writhing in pain with her skin sloughing off her body.

Shockley told police the baby had "pooped" in her clothes while sleeping without a diaper and that he stood her, holding one of her arms, under the shower, cleaned her off with Axe and Dial soaps, then rinsed her off, court records show. Germanii was crying while he washed her, but that was not unusual, Shockley told investigators.

He said he wrapped her in towels and laid her on the bed when he saw something unusual on her forehead -- when he rubbed it, the skin would slide. Shockley said he carried the baby to his mother's room to show her, and when he removed the towel her skin peeled away from the shoulder.

Shockley's mother, 39-year-old Lavern Shockley, told investigators that she told her son to call 911 as soon as she saw the baby's injuries. She said she asked her son how hot was the shower, and he told her "not very hot at all." Derek Shockley did not show any injuries.

Two days after Germanii was injured, detectives used a candy thermometer to check the water temperature, measuring it at 113 degree from the shower and 153 degrees from the bathtub spigot.

Shockley pleaded guilty last month before Pulaski County Circuit Judge Herb Wright in exchange for the 30-year sentence that will be followed by a 10-year suspended prison term.

Shockley's prison sentence includes a 10-year concurrent term for shooting a Sherwood man, 20-year-old Hayden Andrew Sheward, and attacking Sheward's 22-year-old sister at their home about a week before Halloween. Sentencing papers filed Friday show Shockley pleaded guilty to first-degree battery for shooting Sheward and two counts of aggravated assault for the attack on his sister.
1570674784378.png

Last edited:
Back