• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
jackintheboxmenu.jpeg

[....]
ReVae Arnaud-Jensen, a single mother of three, visited a Jack in the Box location in Campbell, Calif., in the early morning of Aug. 31. She and her son were trying to order at the drive-thru, but because Arnaud-Jensen is deaf, she cannot use the speaker.

However, she can read lips and intended to order at the pickup window.

When she drove to the window to explain, Arnaud-Jensen says the man behind the counter refused her service. In addition, video of the incident shows the worker yelling at and even mocking her.

Arnaud-Jensen stayed at the location for two hours and never got her order. She says this kind of discrimination happens to her almost every day.
[....]
Arnaud-Jensen says she spoke to the store manager and was told the employee was fired. Even so, she intends to stand her ground and pursue legal action.

"Things done to us, not OK. I will stand and fight for that, for everyone in the community. It’s for you guys, the community, not me but for them, so there will be no more suffering for the deaf community,” she said.

Arnaud-Jensen says she is demanding, at the very least, that Jack in the Box train its employees, including the CEO, to understand deaf culture. She hopes what happened to her never happens again.

Jack in the Box addressed the incident in a statement.

“We do not tolerate the mistreatment of any customers and expect employees to follow all training procedures, be respectful, courteous and accommodating to all guests,” it read in part.

There are approximately 40 million people who are deaf or hard of hearing in the United States.

Video at the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can she also not walk, or did she just not feel like doing so? Why the hell would you use a drive through when you can, you know, go inside and actually communicate easily? Did she block EVERY drive through customer for two hours to make her petty little point?

If they berated her inside, different story. But walk inside before whining, you lazy fuckbag.

This reeks of something like Mobility Mary, a crazy lady on a scooter who rolls around to seek out tiny issues and flips shit at them to cause problems and take out her aggression. Hilarious videos if you like to hate people.

This whole thing sounds crazy, I can see an individual loser working the drive through and being a jerk, however that doesn’t condemn the company or other employees. Waiting two hours for her food sounds pretty ridiculous, one has to wonder if she’s done this before and gotten paid off and if it’s how she makes a living, is she a drive through con artist? There’s something not right about the waits two hours part of her the story and it happens all the time, not feeling it for some reason

Back