• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police in New York have two mysteries on their hands that may or may not be connected after a 3-year-old boy was found sleeping on a stranger’s front porch, just over half a mile away from a badly burned car.

Lois Augsburger found 3-year-old Noelvin, who was wearing only a pull-up diaper, asleep around 8 a.m. Monday in a cardboard box on her front porch in Buffalo, N.Y.

“He must’ve heard me open the door. He came crawling out of the box, and he had the blanket around him. I picked him up, and I hugged him,” Augsburger said. "He was saying the car was burning up. The car was burning up. That's all he kept saying."

Hours later, social media posts looking for Noelvin’s family were spotted by his grandmothers from Florida.

Both women immediately flew to Buffalo because they haven’t heard from the boy’s parents – 24-year-old Nicole Plaud and 31-year-old Miguel Valentin-Colon – and a family friend they were traveling with since Sunday evening. The family’s biggest fear is that Noelvin’s parents could be the possible human remains discovered in a burned-out vehicle, just over a half mile away from where the 3-year-old was found.

Police say the vehicle fire was extremely hot, and it’s believed to have begun burning around 3 a.m. Monday before eventually extinguishing itself.

Police want to hear from anyone who has seen Plaud and Valentin-Colon or the friend they were traveling with.

Noelvin is currently in the custody of Child Protective Services, but they are in the process of reuniting him with his family.
1568816905603.png
1568816913658.png

Last edited:
I wonder if the car caught fire somehow and the boy managed to be removed but either the parents couldnt get out themselves or one went back to save the other and got caught up or overcome.
Not sure how long half a mile is but 3y olds can get pretty far if they want before exhaustion hits. It makes sense he might have worn out and crawled in a box on a porch. If he was left there hours before and not exhausted then you think he would cry or explore, looking for parents.
I guess its whether the box was there before him or not.

Fire strikes the Queen City east side, arson is suspected.

The lead cold open on Buffalo tv news 4 out of 5 nights every week.
North west side
Post automatically merged:

I wonder if the car caught fire somehow and the boy managed to be removed but either the parents couldnt get out themselves or one went back to save the other and got caught up or overcome.
Not sure how long half a mile is but 3y olds can get pretty far if they want before exhaustion hits. It makes sense he might have worn out and crawled in a box on a porch. If he was left there hours before and not exhausted then you think he would cry or explore, looking for parents.
I guess its whether the box was there before him or not.
The woman had the box on the porch for sray cats. It's already 40 and 50s at night here.

I know exactly where the car was and the boy. No houses around and not where any random person would park. Ever, unless something shady. I could see a toddler walking to where he was found, but, I personally think someone dropped him off in the near vicinity and he lucked out finding a box with a blanket. I really dont see no one seeing him walking, even at the time of night. Tons of businesses and cameras, and prostitutes and druggies.

Last edited:
More information

The parents Nicole Merced Plaud, 24, and Miguel Anthony Valentin-Colon, 31, as well as their friend 29-year-old Dhamyl Mirella Roman-Audiffred, are considered missing persons.
"Buffalo Police are attempting to make contact with these three individuals or speak to anyone who has seen them in the past few days," police said.
The child is currently in the care of the Erie County Child Protective Services, police said.
Human remains found in family's carThe charred remains of two people were found inside the family's rental car Monday evening, but their identities remain a mystery.Rinaldo told reporters on Thursday the vehicle was "completely incinerated" and everything inside of it was "nothing more than ashes." The process to identify the remains could take some time, he said.The vehicle was found in a wooded area behind a storage facility in Buffalo's Black Rock neighborhood. Surveillance video obtained by police showed the SUV at 2:51 a.m. ET as it arrived in the area and shortly after, an individual is shown walking toward the vehicle.At 3:01 a.m., two people are seen leaving the area with the boy with a glare in the distance that police say was the van on fire. That area is about a mile from where the young child was discovered, reported.Rinaldo said they appeared to be carrying at least one gas can. Police have labeled the two individuals "persons of interest" and according to Rinaldo, the two individuals do not match the description of any of the three missing persons.Detectives are still trying to determine how the boy ended up sleeping on a porch. Rinaldo said the surveillance footage is "extremely important" to the case."It gives us a timeline as to when the fire started. It gives us a timeline of how the child was not inside the vehicle. It gives us exactly, now, two people who were present when this car started on fire, so it's extremely important to us," Rinaldo said.
[...]

December 2, 2019
The investigation stretched from New York to Florida after police made a gruesome discovery near several known drug houses almost three months ago in Buffalo.

On Sep. 15, two people were found dead in a burned-out minivan, human remains were found in a fire pit behind a home – and a little boy was found all alone sleeping on a front porch half a mile away.

Now, the CBS station in Buffalo is reporting federal agents arrested people months ago on drug charges.

The Assistant U.S. Attorney said, “We believe they are all substantially involved, if not directly involved in the murders of three persons.”

Police say they were seen on surveillance video carrying seven or eight large bags from a red car to the fire pit after backing into the driveway.

Buffalo police said Nicole Merced-Plaud and Miguel Valentin-Colon drove from Florida to New York with their 3-year-old son, but they haven’t said why. The parents were found in the van.

The little boy is now living with other family members in Florida, as police work to identify the remains found in the fire pit.

According to investigators, the remains were not the only thing in the pit. WIVB reports officers found “boxer briefs also containing a red stain in the trash can, and these boxer briefs match boxer briefs that were found in a hotel room in a suitcase where that Chrysler Pacifica had been earlier that day.”

Last edited:
U.S. Attorney Trini E. Ross announced Thursday that a Buffalo man was sentenced to three consecutive sentences plus 30 years for his role in a 2019 triple murder.

The defendant, 51-year-old Deandre Wilson, was convicted by a federal jury in November 2022 on the following charges:

• narcotics conspiracy
  • Hobbs Act robbery
  • murder while engaged in a narcotics conspiracy
  • discharge of a firearm in furtherance of a crime of violence and drug trafficking crimes
  • two counts of discharge of a firearm causing death in furtherance of a crime of violence and drug trafficking crimes
  • conspiracy to obstruct justice
  • two counts of obstruction of justice
  • conspiracy to use fire to commit a felony
  • two counts of use of fire to commit a felony
  • conspiracy to damage and destroy a vehicle used in interstate commerce by fire
  • damaging and destroying a vehicle used in interstate commerce by fire
  • possession with intent to distribute marijuana
The victims in the murder were married couple Miguel Anthony Valentin-Colon and Nicole Merced-Plaud, and their friend, Dhamyl Roman-Audiffred.

They found the hotel they were staying at with 4 pounds of cocaine. The friend was originally from NY. I think she/he set these 2 parents up.
I take it back about him/her setting them up. I think he just introduced the killers and the victims for a drug deal.

sounds like at least 2 of them were killed by gunshot first and the fire was after.

Three people were listed as murdered. I hope nobody burned alive :(

I'm guessing that the baby got lucky that the killer was not 100% psychopath

Situation kinda F'ed.

Drugs are bad. Selling, taking... all of it. mk?

Some more apparent details:

Greed and a desire to be at the “boss” of a drug conspiracy motivated Deandre Wilson to kill three Florida adults, steal the cocaine they were trying to sell, and then abandon a 3-year-old boy alone in a minivan for eight years spending hours with the bodies of his dead parents was the closing argument of a federal prosecutor Tuesday in Wilson’s murder trial.

None burned akuve -

Wilson, 51, of Buffalo, was charged with fatally striking Dhamyl Roman-Audiffred in the head with a handgun on Sept. 15, 2019, inside a home on 4 Roebling Ave. in the Schiller Park neighborhood, and then stepping outside and shooting Miguel Anthony Valentin-Colon and Nicole Marie Merced-Plaud, who were sitting in the minivan with their son, Noelvin.

Cobb testified that after the shooting, he heard the little boy say, "Mommy is bleeding," and "Mommy needs to go to the hospital."

Quite a bit more at the link.

Is it just me, or, why can't I find a picture of this guy?

a night vision vid containing the kid in any case:

Last edited:
Back