• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

SOUTH CAROLINA — DNA submitted to family genealogy sites helped police find and arrest the mother of a baby who was born alive and died abandoned inside a box in a vacant South Carolina field 29 years ago, authorities said Thursday.

The DNA led detectives to the baby’s probable father, who then told police that Brook Graham was the baby’s likely mother, Greenville County police Chief Ken Miller said.

Graham, 53, was arrested Wednesday and charged with homicide by neglect, which carries a possible life sentence. She had a court-ordered DNA test and refused to talk to detectives about the case, Miller said.

Every detective on the Greenville police force back in February 1990 worked on the case of the baby who became known as Julie Valentine, Miller said
The baby was 6.5 pounds, born breathing, but not in a hospital, and was found with her umbilical cord and placenta still attached wrapped in newspaper and bedding inside a vacuum cleaner box along with other trash, including an old sofa, Miller said at a news conference Thursday.

The box matched the model of vacuum cleaner Graham and the probable father had bought before the baby was abandoned, according to the arrest warrant.

“There’s a field. It’s undeveloped. There is a pile of debris. It doesn’t stand out,” said Miller, who thinks the baby died shortly after she was abandoned. The girl wasn’t found for three days.

Full Article:

~@Turd Fregusen~ Was just coming to post the article and see you already posted it.

29 years.. One hopes that she was haunted by the cries of her newborn daughter every night she went to bed and closed her eyes for every one of those years.

My bet is I hope in vain.

The woman accused in the death of two infants, including one later known as “Julie Valentine,” pleaded guilty in court Thursday to three charges.

Brook Graham pleaded guilty to two counts of unlawful neglect of a child and desecration of human remains.

Graham was originally charged with murder in the case but that charge was dropped because medical examiners were unable to find out how the infant died, according to Solicitor Walt Wilkins.

The judge did not make a decision on sentencing, instead ordering a pre-sentence investigation due to the unusual circumstances of the case.

Greenville Police said Graham is the birth mother of a newborn, known as “Julie Valentine”, who was found abandoned in a vacant lot on Hilton Street in 1990.

So in April 1989 she threw away a baby boy. The body was found by little kids playing. In Feb 1990 she does it again only this time it's a little girl.

Both babies had the same father but he says he didn't know. I'm not sure about that and not too sure there weren't more babies that ended up at the dump instead of being found.

It does sound like she will barely face any time for these crimes which is sickening. I can't imagine her being my mother and finding out she murdered at least 2 babies.

Thirty-three years ago, a newborn baby girl was found dead inside a Sears vacuum cleaner box in an area outside Greenville that had long been used to dump worn-out furniture and appliances.
On Thursday, Brook Graham, the baby’s mother identified several years ago through DNA testing, was sentenced to 10 years, suspended to five years home detention and five years probation.

She pleaded guilty to unlawful neglect of a child and desecration of human remains. The maximum sentence for the unlawful neglect charge in South Carolina is 10 years.
A murder charge was dropped because no one could prove the child, who came to be known as Julie Valentine, had been born alive and that Graham was responsible.

Fuckin bullshit. Isnt it convenient how her babies die all on their own like that. I think the fact that she discards them like trash is the proof that they were unwanted and she probably killed them. She got away with it basically. 5 years home detention and no one will ever check if she's actually home.

She murdered 2 babies and as punishment she got grounded.

People are too casual throwing infants away in the garbage! WTH!
This dingbat cunt, I agree, no flipping way these are the only 2. These are just the ones we found.
Same rules apply to the whole wide world... Happens way more than we truly (want to ever) know. What we find is only a percentage. Humans are horrible. Humans are parasites. Ugh!

Back