• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

JackBurton

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

Thus far, though, Legg has only been charged in one rape case and in the separate aggravated murder of Sharon Kedzierski. Legg, 49, has worked as a long-haul truck driver, according to the Columbus Dispatch.

Authorities have not named all of the homicide victims, nor has Legg been charged in the cases, but the Ohio Attorney General alleges that he was also linked through DNA to four murders. They did say that three of those deaths were in Ohio and one in Illinois.

Nicole Myers attended one of Legg’s court hearings because she suspects him in the death of her friend Angela Hicks, a 14-year-old cheerleader slain in 1990. Legg was then her stepfather, and he was questioned in the case, the newspaper says, but he was never arrested.

A 2007 story on the case in the Chronicle Telegram reported that Hicks had been with Legg before she disappeared and that there was tension between them.

The murder for which Legg stands charge is of a woman beaten to death at a truck stop – Kedzierski. She died in 1992 in Austintown.

She had disappeared from Miami Lakes, Florida. The Sun Sentinel reported that she “worked as a bookkeeper or in the income tax preparation field,” and was divorced with children. It’s not clear how she ended up in Ohio.

He told the television station he thinks authorities should investigate whether Legg could be connected to 10 murders in Austintown of prostitutes at truck stops (Kedzierski was not one).

WKBN reported that Kedzierski wasn’t identified for 20 years, and authorities didn’t release how they beliee she had encountered Legg.

Authorities say they focused on Samuel Legg because of familial DNA.

That’s a relatively new and controversial method in which authorities attempt to match DNA from criminal suspects to family members – sometimes distant ones. Then, they map out the family tree of the suspect, and use traditional investigative techniques to figure out who within it fits other parameters in the case or cases.

And it appears authorities fucked up the 97 rape that could have/should have broke this thing a long time ago...
The new developments began in December in another Ohio county with an investigation of an unsolved murder by the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI) and prosecutors. Investigators took a sample from an unknown male who was a suspect in the murder and looked at familial DNA, which searches for Y chromosomes shared by men in the same family.

The search led them to the results from a rape kit from the unsolved Medina County rape case, indicating the person responsible was in the same family as the person tied to the murder, Yost said.

rape involved a 17-year-old girl from Lexington who said she was sexually assaulted on Sept. 7, 1997, by a truck driver who gave her a ride when she was hitchhiking back home after visiting her boyfriend in Cleveland. Lexington police did a rape kit and turned it over to the Medina County Sheriff.

Detectives and prosecutors identified Legg, an independent truck driver who worked for a company in Hinckley and drove through Ohio and other states, as a potential suspect but opted not to prosecute. They cited credibility questions, Thompson said.

Interesting. Unless im misunderstanding this or it's a shit article, it seems to me someone else in his family was a suspect in yet another murder, and they busted him thru that other scumbag. This entire family is prob worthless shitstain scum.

Cops really screwed the pooch on this one. Embarrassing. You have a rape kit, you have fucking DNA evidence, yet you decided not to pursue it cuz you didnt believe the victim. Meanwhile this guy has already raped/killed others and who knows how many he did since. If cops had done their job, this woulda been solved long ago.

Read the Kedzierski body was ID'd in 2013. These articles suck and provide almost no info on the actual investigation into her dissappearance. The shit the heavy article cites reportedly says she was NOT a prostitute. He either abducted her out of Florida or she was in fact a whore and had traveled up there.

Gotta wonder how many others he did, especially since he's relocated so far across the country. What's he been up to in Arizona and the surrounding area? Some writer in the early 90s wrote about truckstop murders and came up with 8 in this general area that matched the Kedzierski details(head bashed in with blunt force trauma, dumped by truckstops). This stain wouldnt been in his late teens for half of em however. Has he been killing since he was a kid?

Sucks he's a nutter. Might be hard to put him in a cage.

Attachments

• Samuel_Legg_III.jpg
    Samuel_Legg_III.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,538
With the evolution of technology and the proliferation of genealogy services like 23andMe, it's not going to be long before every family line has DNA in the government database. Every DNA sample collected from a crime scene will be matched to family linage within hours. We are steadily moving toward a time where any crime where DNA evidence exists is solved in a few days at the most. That's a great thing, in that sick predators will be caught but something about it doesn't sit right me. This is 'Big Brother' coming to fruition.

And it's 'familial' not 'familiar'...

Last edited:
This is 'Big Brother' coming to fruition.

How? It will have zero effect on anyone and everyone who isnt out committing a crime.

Are bleeding heart nutters worried the govt is gonna start accessing peoples DNA profile and cloning them or some crazy shit? I sincerely can not even begin to imagine no matter how hard i try what actual effect this shit could have.

How? It will have zero effect on anyone and everyone who isnt out committing a crime.

Are bleeding heart nutters worried the govt is gonna start accessing peoples DNA profile and cloning them or some crazy shit? I sincerely can not even begin to imagine no matter how hard i try what actual effect this shit could have.

Yeah, well... If you have nothing to hide, give me your Email password.

Yeah, well... If you have nothing to hide, give me your Email password.

I dont have anything to hide in my email. However you could use that to fuck with my email, cause me to get spam and shit, delete shit i dont want deleted, etc., which would be bothersome.

In no way comparable to DNA profiles. Honestly what youve said here helps prove my point. My email is more significant a privacy concern than DNA fucking is. Should tell us all something about how misplaced the idiot fears and concerns about it are.

On the other hand, I have ZERO qualms about my DNA info being made public on one of these geneology sites, so in effect i would have no issue with you having access to that.

I dont have anything to hide in my email. However you could use that to fuck with my email, cause me to get spam and shit, delete shit i dont want deleted, etc., which would be bothersome.

In no way comparable to DNA profiles. Honestly what youve said here helps prove my point. My email is more significant a privacy concern than DNA fucking is. Should tell us all something about how misplaced the idiot fears and concerns about it are.

On the other hand, I have ZERO qualms about my DNA info being made public on one of these geneology sites, so in effect i would have no issue with you having access to that.

WOOSH!!...... That's the sound of the 'point' going over your head.

The philosophical conundrum that I am trying to convey and wrestle with is - How much privacy are you prepared you give up in return for security. For example, if we put cameras in our homes with direct live streams to the police, it would prevent some instances of domestic abuse, it would prevent some instances of drug dealing, it may even prevent some instances of child murder.

But are you prepared to give up that amount of privacy, for that amount of good? Some might say yes, I'd say no. But who is 'correct'?

Neither.

That's the conundrum.

WOOSH!!...... That's the sound of the 'point' going over your head.

Try making good points and perhaps that won't happen.

How much privacy are you prepared you give up in return for security.

The govt having access to my DNA, or to my fingerprints, or damn near any and every other biometric bullshit has pretty much zero effect on my privacy though.

For example, if we put cameras in our homes with direct live streams to the police, it would prevent some instances of domestic abuse, it would prevent some instances of drug dealing, it may even prevent some instances of child murder.

I fail to see why more readily available access to DNA is in ANY way comparable to the OUTRAGEOUS and impossible hypothetical you are describing here. This isnt even a slippery slope what youre laying out. I sincerely do not grasp why the subject of DNA access would cause anyone to even think up what youre spewing here. There's no comparison.

The govt having access to my DNA, or to my fingerprints, or damn near any and every other biometric bullshit has pretty much zero effect on my privacy though.

Yeah, if you say so.

I fail to see why more readily available access to DNA is in ANY way comparable to the OUTRAGEOUS and impossible hypothetical you are describing here. This isnt even a slippery slope what youre laying out. I sincerely do not grasp why the subject of DNA access would cause anyone to even think up what youre spewing here. There's no comparison.

You failing to grasp esoteric concepts is as unsurprising as is it is illuminating for the rest of us.

If you don't believe that your DNA profile is private information, than you don't understand what your DNA profile is.

You failing to grasp esoteric concepts is as unsurprising as is it is illuminating for the rest of us.

If you don't believe that your DNA profile is private information, than you don't understand what your DNA profile is

Youre comparing it to the govt having video surveillance IN YOUR HOME, recording you at all times.

The point you are intending to make is too extreme and outlandish to have any value or pertinence.

Youre comparing it to the govt having video surveillance IN YOUR HOME, recording you at all times.

The point you are intending to make is too extreme and outlandish to have any value or pertinence.

That's an opinion Jack, not a fact. The point I am making is one that you are not comprehending.

The question I was posing, in a round-a-bout way, is - Where do we, as a society draw the line between privacy and security, and who makes that judgment? You? Me? The authorities?

Again I'll point out, if you don't believe that your DNA profile should be private, then you don't understand the ramifications. What I am talking about is the potential for discrimination based on the likelihood uncontrollable biological outcomes. Health insurance would probably be the most obvious area where this information could be used against you. But going further, employment opportunities would be another. What about potential breeding partners? Should they be privy to your genetic failings? Maybe....... Fuked if I know the answers.

The question I was posing, in a round-a-bout way, is - Where do we, as a society draw the line between privacy and security, and who makes that judgment?

Well whoever makes the judgment on that, we certainly should never draw that line at DNA profiles accessed through famiy DNA as there is zero logical or rational reason to do so as that does NOT in any way present a serious or meaningful privacy issue.

Again I'll point out, if you don't believe that your DNA profile should be private, then you don't understand the ramifications.

Agree, i already made clear i cant fathom any significant way the govt having access to my DNA profile could possibly impact me since i dont committ crimes. Your response to this was to throw out some wild, absurd hypotethical about the govt putting cameras in peoples homes, which as already covered, made zero sense.

Health insurance would probably be the most obvious area where this information could be used against you.

There already is an issue with pre-existing conditions without those means, and the govt at least at one point(trump overturned it didnt he? maybe not) legislated against discrimination based on that.

But going further, employment opportunities would be another.

Again, already laws in place preventing employers from discriminating against folks for an assortment of physical reasons, be it disability/health or things like gender/race.

What about potential breeding partners?

Who gives a shit?

Be a good idea for 2 people planning a family to be open and honest about their family history anyways. Only idiots breed when they know theres a high possibility of their kid being fucked. Most people are aware of their family histories and choose to mate anyways. Fuck, most idiots dont even plan taht shit out regardless. I dont think more tools to be able to use to intelligently plan shit would effect anything. People are too dumb.

Agreed that this is only a threat to those who're committing crimes, non-criminal citizens have nothing to worry about in regards to the privacy of their DNA when submitted to the various health profile/ancestry analyzing companies.

LE has used access to private DNA databases like Ancestry already, but probable cause regarding the suspected relative(s) of the DNA analysis customer(s) must be brought to a judge, who will then decide whether enough evidence exists to issue a warrant for DNA comparison of the unknown sample with the suspect's relative.
No warrant, no private DNA database checks.
This is hardly a brand new or a novel idea, in the case of BTK, it was medical DNA material from a pap smear his biological daughter had done at college that a warrant was issued for it to be used in comparison analysis to the killer's DNA, and it showed a familial match to the DNA material under victim Vicky Wegerle's fingernails, thus nailing Dennis Rader to the BTK murders.
Medical samples have been used for decades now, again though, they require more than just an "I wanna check this out..." query, but there must be enough compelling evidence that meets the legal requirements for a judge to sign off on a warrant.

As far as "profiling" by insurance companies to refuse policies, or employers to refuse hiring, HIPAA laws already prevent this intrusion.

Last edited:
Every fucker that raped or killed someone and thought they’d gotten away with it is now shitting themselves. Freaking out with every knock on the door.

With all this crap about DNA, I got some of my information from 23 and Me this morning. My wife gave me the DNA kit for Christmas. It turns out that I am 99.9% European. From family stories, I was sure there would be other things in there. I didn't add anything to the DNA database because my sister and cousins from both sides of the family have already done it. They matched them all to me. It's weird being so white.

With all this crap about DNA, I got some of my information from 23 and Me this morning. My wife gave me the DNA kit for Christmas. It turns out that I am 99.9% European. From family stories, I was sure there would be other things in there. I didn't add anything to the DNA database because my sister and cousins from both sides of the family have already done it. They matched them all to me. It's weird being so white.
I've always wanted to do this^^^! My grandma came from England... she was a war bride. I know that much... it would be cool to see what the hell else is mixed in there.

Believing DNA data won't be horrifically misused displays an awful lot of trust in your fellow man. That seems rather out of place for our particular community.
Laws are not made in a logical or scientific mindset. They're made by elected officials who rarely have any actual knowledge about what they're legislating. Worse, many of them are more concerned about keeping their office than actually serving their people.

You don't have to look very far back in history to see how DNA could be misused by people who don't understand it. Parts of the United States practiced forced sterilization of the "mentally incompetent" as recently as the 1970's. The laws enabling it had significant public support and were backed by scientific research.

In the 70's and 80's there was the "repressed memory" movement. Some psychologists claimed hypnosis could bring forth information about sexual abuse. It was a big deal and got all kinds of public attention and credibility and a lot of lives were turned upside down. And then it was revealed that the "scientific" basis for it was bunk.

Consider the current corporate trend of pattern recognition systems to tailor advertising/solicitation to each individual or predict market trends. It's effective and well-documented and everyone is scrambling to apply it in new ways. Commercial application is way ahead of the scientific understanding of why it works. Apply pattern recognition to genetics and it will inevitably seep into the legal process.
Let's say pattern recognition demonstrates that a certain genetic sequence is present in 82% of all thieves. There will be no actual understanding of what that sequence does, but no shortage of expert witnesses will testify that the science is sound.
Maybe you have that sequence. It wont harm you today, but a company could deny your descendants a job over it. No one wants to hire a thief, and why take the risk of hiring from a gene trait associated with thievery?

My opposition isn't about halting progress. It's about reminding everyone of the easily forgotten constant in human nature: People are mean ruthless fucks who would piss on their grandmother if it gave them power or an advantage over someone else. I want to slow pseudoscience down to give actual science the time to catch up.

A friend in law enforcement told me there are over 10,000 serial killers roaming North America at any one time. Possibly many more than that. Depressing if true.

I really don't doubt it, considering the veritable tsunami of such stories we're seeing on this site. I'll bet it's been a few years since your friend said 10,000.

Did mine around Christmas too. I also found out that I'm the whitest person I know. Kinda disappointed. Wanted to be interesting.

Thanks to the efforts of some relatives I know I'm English, Scotch-Irish, French, and German. So, yeah, whitebread.

The wife is all about this geneology shit.

It's funny how many white idiots do these tests and get all excited because they find they legitimately have some native american ancestry, and the percentage is high enough to where it was likely a great great grandparent or someone close to that rather than some thousands of years ago historical remnant in their genome.

They get so proud about it, when it most likely means some white scumbag raped their distant relative generations ago, as colonists were known to have done to an immense, immeasurable extent.

Back