• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
From Bethesda:

Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of Skyrim and Fallout 4, welcome you to Fallout 76, the online prequel where every surviving human is a real person. Work together, or not, to survive. Under the threat of nuclear annihilation, you’ll experience the largest, most dynamic world ever created in the legendary Fallout universe.

Reclamation Day, 2102. Twenty-five years after the bombs fall, you and your fellow Vault Dwellers—chosen from the nation’s best and brightest – emerge into post-nuclear America. Play solo or join together as you explore, quest, build, and triumph against the wasteland’s greatest threats.

I am a Fallout fanatic from the very beginning. So it was kind of a no-brainer that I would break my "no pre-order" rule and pre-order this damn game. In fact, I got the version that comes with a full-sized power armor helmet because I know that on nights I sleep like a baby, @Jaded is contemplating sneaking into my house, slitting my throat and stealing it.

I've watched enough gameplay videos now that the embargo has been lifted, but I am still withholding judgment until I actually play it. No, it's not Fallout 5, but I am still looking forward to seeing what they have done.

Regardless, I know other members here are planing on playing it on pc, so some of us plan on hooking up online and doing some killin'. If you are interested in playing with myself, Jaded and some others on pc, let us know. I have a voice channel setup on our Discord channel we can use, but I'll have to grant you access.

Attachments

• 2018-10-12_224412.jpg
    2018-10-12_224412.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 2,551
Last edited:
I'm still torn on whether I want to get this or not. My experience with almost every persistent online game is the fanbase is so toxic and grieffing that it ruins the experience.

This may end up being a game that like Destiny, sits on my shelf and I just look at it with ambivalence because I got soured by the idiots. Or it may turn out to be a great game, but I will hold my judgement and $$ until a later date.

but I will hold my judgement and $$ until a later date.

Well that is always the best bet. And the smartest. Honestly, I just wanted the helmet. I know that was their tactic all along, but I couldn't not do it.

I wanted that fucking helmet sooooo bad. I'm probably gonna end up with some stickers and a map or some shit. Oooooh, maybe a magnet! -_-

I got the game (and my sweet power armor helmet) but won't be playing on PC (the game is a mess, I hear). So I will get it for PS4 sometime in near future. Currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2 so it will have to wait until after I am done with that. :p

I got the game (and my sweet power armor helmet) but won't be playing on PC (the game is a mess, I hear). So I will get it for PS4 sometime in near future. Currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2 so it will have to wait until after I am done with that. :p
Ok, could we not talk about the helmet anymore, please. You know it makes me cry, you ass.

I do believe it's going on sale this week....

Well after owning the game for almost a year I finally started playing about two weeks ago and have to admit I am having a blast. I have not experienced any game breaking bugs, although I have seen some graphical glitches here and there. As someone who had no desire whatsoever to play this game, I have had a lot of fun. It sometimes feel more "Fallout" than Fallout 4 (not counting Fallout 1 and 2, of course).

The exploration and discovery aspect coupled with the landscape and the possibility of getting your ass wrecked by some formidable opponents (something I never really worried about in Fallout 3 and 4 after a certain point). It also helps that the community is some of the nicest group of people I have played with since maybe Everquest. It's odd and I am still not used to it.

Bumping this thread to see if any of you are gluttons for punishment and still playing? Myself and Jaded are (Jaded a LOOOOT more than human should be allowed). But if any of you are playing on PC post your ID here so we can try to hook up in game.

Bumping this thread to see if any of you are gluttons for punishment and still playing? Myself and Jaded are (Jaded a LOOOOT more than human should be allowed). But if any of you are playing on PC post your ID here so we can try to hook up in game.
Unfortunately, I'm on Xbox :( Anyone who plays Fallout 76 on that platform feel free to look me up. I'm Craygor there too.

Xbox here too. And I'm busy with a re-kindled ESO addiction anyhow. I can't smoke but one brand of e-crack at a time.

I hear Fallout smokes pretty good, though.

I hear Fallout smokes pretty good, though.

Well, it depends. I've played almost every MMO in existence, and F76 is unlike any I have played. You really, really have to like Bethesda's version of Fallout's world or I imagine you wouldn't put up with some of the bullshit. Recent updates have made it better, but they have a long way to go in regards to fixing bugs - both minor and major -- very, very major.

I don't mind it and have fun when I play it -- even when I run into bugs (which is usually all the time). But it also falls into the same trap as most MMOs in that eventually you realize you are just grinding. I'm sure some enjoy the social aspect of MMOs, but I don't... so if gameplay turns to grinding (which is usually what happens during the end-game), I lose interest real fast.

Bethesda is the king of bugs. Not that Zenimax's shit is perfect. And they broke Battlegrounds while I was gone— no more group-queue, which means you can't team with your buddies. Apparently too many n00bs were getting pounded too hard.

Bitches.

Yeah, Zenimax has been around the MMO block a time or two... I didn't like ESO at first, but really got into it after that one update they did that pretty much saved the game... the one that opened up the entire world for everyone. I have a handful of maxed out characters, but it's been a while since I have fired up the game. Last time I played was the expansion that gave out that free castle-like house.

Yeah, Zenimax has been around the MMO block a time or two... I didn't like ESO at first, but really got into it after that one update they did that pretty much saved the game... the one that opened up the entire world for everyone.

One Tamriel. Yeah, that was key.

Last time I played was the expansion that gave out that free castle-like house.

I quit not long after that.

Have FO76, I bit the bullet and bought it. Played a bit, ran into Jaded and then got bored after I wasted all my ammo on a creature 6 levels below me. Haven't been back since.

May nuke the toon and start over now that they have the Wastelanders expansion

I'm so burned out from games. LOL Since I've moved to LV all I have done every damn day is game. Haven't played much of FO76 but did end up buying a years worth of FO1 (got tired of some stupid idiot chasing me around the screen punching me)

I'm back on the ESOcrack skooma, but that's it. They put group-queue back on Battlegrounds, though, so that's cool.

Actually enjoying the Greymoor release; the Western Skyrim region and the masive underground Blackreach area below it were my favorite parts of the Skyrim single-player, and the Antiquarian thing is pretty cool... just maxed out both of those skill lines. Ditched my hard-earned Pit Daemon outfit and I'm running around in some cobbled-together Indiana Jones looking shit now to match my new Master Historian title.

I'm still torn on whether I want to get this or not. My experience with almost every persistent online game is the fanbase is so toxic and grieffing that it ruins the experience.

This may end up being a game that like Destiny, sits on my shelf and I just look at it with ambivalence because I got soured by the idiots. Or it may turn out to be a great game, but I will hold my judgement and $$ until a later date.
That's why I don't do MMOs

Because 76 was such... uhhhhmmm...
Noteable.
Yes... Notable

If you're looking for a MMORPG, may I humbly suggest taking an hour and watch his No Man's Sky video.
Might change your mind

Back