• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

w8ng4msrgt

Trusted Member
Facebook 'dipping' craze irks pool owners
By Richard Savill
Last Updated: 2:36PM BST 19/06/2008

Teenagers are using internet satellite images to spot outdoor swimming pools before meeting for late-night dips.

The new craze, known as “dippingâ€￾, involves people using pictures from Google Earth to identify homes that have large outdoor pools.

Once a venue is found, the youngsters use social networking sites including Facebook and Bebo to meet for impromptu swims and pool parties.

Police said some residents have woken up to find youngsters using their pools. Others have come home from work to find their pools full of beer cans.

Those involved in the “dippingâ€￾ sessions often wear fancy dress costumes, and are told to “bring a bikeâ€￾ so they can make a quick escape.

One group boasted on the internet that it held an event on Monday night during which 16 people visited two pools near Bournemouth, Dorset.

The group listed a specific meeting place for between midnight and 3am and gave mobile telephone numbers for the organisers.

Rest of story

holy shit..
we have a pool.. Time to get a few dogs to guard the pool. Our yard is fenced in, 5ft high fence but that doesn't keep people out. Someone was caught hoppin' fences a couple yrs ago. We think he tried to break into one of the empty houses. Since I'm home and awake at weird hours, I'm not terribly worried. Stupid kids. If one of these idiots gets injured on our property, we're liable..our homeowner's insurance doesn't cover this sort of thing. It angers me that we have very little in the way of recourse. Btw.. both gates to our yard are padlocked at all times.

~ceisdsgil

I'm too poor for a pool. So I don't have to worry about anyone doing this to me. And I can't swim, so you don't have to worry about me doing this to anyone else :wacko:

~Kyle

I can't swim either.. we bought a house with a pool, because at the time, we had teenagers living at home :).. AND.. my husband uses the pool fairly regularly, plus, it's nice to have bbqs in the back by the pool :)

~ceisdsgil

ps: it just pisses me off that these lil' shits have no regard for other people's property..

When I worked as a juvenile detention officer, one of the kids announced during a class discussion, "If I see something someone has that I want, I have the right to take it from them." I was AGOG. Years later, I know that's more commonly believed than I ever would've guessed.

Sometimes shit just blows me away. I would never think of doing something like that. EVER. yeah it doesn't seem too 'risky' but still that just seems idiotic to me. Who wouldn't wake up if some spalshing noises are coming from their backyard? I don't know about everyone else but after a few beers I have the heartiest laugh and you can hear me a mile away. The whole idea just seems like a sure fire way to get caught in the wrong. just make friends with someone who has a pool and go use theres atleast you knwo the owners kid and won't get in trouble.

Once, me and my ex were driving home after a long night with her parents. On the way home I noticed a pool and thought it would be fun if we went skinny dipping. Long story short, we were quiet, nobody got hurt, and no we didnt exchange body fluids in these people's pool. A naughty and super fun memory I will always have. :p

Once, me and my ex were driving home after a long night with her parents. On the way home I noticed a pool and thought it would be fun if we went skinny dipping. Long story short, we were quiet, nobody got hurt, and no we didnt exchange body fluids in these people's pool. A naughty and super fun memory I will always have. :p

:lalala: I'm not listening :lalala:

I use to do this years ago before they had GE. But thanks to GE and Gmaps I can show the place we use to raid 25-30 years ago. There wasn't much around there then and we always cleaned up.

One night the cops came up and my gf and I just walked up to the fence butt naked to talk to the cops. Another friend of ours was trying to high tail it off up the hill. We told the cops we would start taking our empties instead of putting them in the trash and they said cool and left.

The pool and hot tub

Last edited:
I grew up in the "lake country" of Minnesota. Few had a pool. Why would they? The city itself had 8 lakes in the city limits and a population less than 8,000. We knew every lake in the county that had secluded beaches... and took full advantage.

Drunken skinny dipping is almost an Olympic sport in that area. (I never won a medal, damn!)

Back