Expectant mother upset after friend tells her baby's 'unique' name is actually common

• Hey, Guest, do you like free horror books? If you do, you may be interested in the Humble Book Bundle: Tales of Horror Giveaway. Check this thread if interested.
  • You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

Kittyskyfish

Bold Member!
Aug 18, 2010
Ratings
18,070 613 45
NEOH
Dont forget Cheyenne, and its silly variations like Shyanne, etc.
But...but!!! I like Cheyenne! There's nothing quite like being at Walmart and hearing someone's Ma, with a voice that could win hog calling competitions, belt out that name to call her child to heel. I've lived in Texas for nearly 15 years - seriously, the Walmart Cheyenne Hog Call was almost NORMAL in them parts.

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Turd Fergusen

May 5, 2007
Ratings
6,505 364 12
Charleston, WV
When we were pregnant with our fist kids my (then) wife had got a side job as a photographer for the mall Santa. That made for good conversation when we were discussing names for out child. "Jackson? No we had like 6 Jackson's today."

Nell

Unending melancholy
Bold Member!
Mar 29, 2008
Ratings
41,206 6,416 315
The wild, OR
If one doesn't want their daughter's destiny to be a stripper, start by not naming her Destiny. But there's more.

Geophysical phenomena is a whole category to avoid; Lightning, Aurora, Sunset, Winter....all stripper-fate-amplifers.

Plain geography is asking for it, too. Dakota, Colorado, Sierra...these are not ladies, but trucks. Or strippers.
How do you feel about Serendipity?

Fellofftheporch

Always Missing Something
Bold Member!
May 4, 2018
Ratings
2,657 240 12
Back in my drug induced days a few friends and I were at WalMart. We wanted to leave but 1 friend was lost somewhere in the store. His name was Juan we called him Maniac. (Street name) Had them call Juan over the loud speakers... nothing. Went back and begged the lady to call Maniac. "Maniac your party is leaving the parking lot. Maniac your party is leaving." 2 minutes later he appears sweating like crazy.
Don't name your child Juan.

Oct 1, 2018
Ratings
451 40 6
Australia
My mother had a horse named Hector.
It means to 'to check' too which is a horse term.
Post automatically merged:

I am that child that has a name that is a common name for pets!
I have always said other people name their dogs & horses "Ginger", but nope my Mom
named me "Ginger".
I love the name Ginger for a week girl. My friends daughter is Ginger. A tow head though.
I just think of the beautiful Ginger Rogers

Latest posts