• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Stasha Kinman was sentenced to seven years in prison for the overdose death of her six-year-old daughter.

Alice Kinman died of a drug overdose in October 2017. Kinman and grandfather, Ben Kinman, said that Alice got into Ben Kinman's Tramadol that was on the table and took it herself, thinking it was her children's melatonin. Alice died a few days later. While she says she didn't give Alice the Tramadol, Kinman said she admits to not seeking the medical help that could have saved her daughter.

Kinman's attorney read a statement on her behalf. "She was my best friend. Every time I close and open my eyes she's my first thought. She was my whole life and still is. Every action I make, I do with the thought of her watching and most days, that's what gets me through."

Alice's father, Ryan Nelson doesn't believe Alice's overdose was a medical mix-up. Anybody who sits there and watches a little girl, especially their own little girl, seize and die over the course of several days is heartless. That's not accidental. That's intentional."

The prosecution said Kinman's searches of Tramadol overdoses all gave the advice to seek medical treatment, and that's what she should have done.

Ben Kinman was also charged but he has been found incompetent to stand trial.

I agree with the father I don't think that it was an accident. She gave the child the tramadol to either make her calm down or fall asleep.

She did not want to get in trouble and made the story up that the girl took the med. by accident.

Back