• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Two people were killed and more than two dozen hurt after a pendulum ride broke at an amusement park in India, officials said.

According to the Times of India, the incident occurred Sunday evening at Ahmedabad's Kankaria lakefront. Graphic video from the scene shows the Discovery ride swinging as a cable apparently breaks, sending the pendulum carrying 31 passengers crashing 20 feet to the ground, the newspaper reported.

Two people, 24-year-old Manali Rajvadi and 22-year-old Mohammed Zaid Momin, died in the crash, authorities said. Three of the injured passengers were critically hurt, the Times reported.

Ahmedabad Additional Chief Fire Officer Rajesh Bhatt told the Indian Express that Superstar Amusement Private Ltd. operated the ride.

"We are collecting information regarding the ride’s individual parts, how were they assembled and the sequence of assembling to understand more about the mishap," Bhatt told the newspaper.

Tear down carnivals are scary as fuck. I knew several carnies that they did what ever they needed to keep the ride running. Redneck engineering was a common practice.

Need a cotter pin? Use a paperclip... if that don't work, sure there is some wire around here we can use.

Tear down carnivals are scary as fuck. I knew several carnies that they did what ever they needed to keep the ride running. Redneck engineering was a common practice.

Need a cotter pin? Use a paperclip... if that don't work, sure there is some wire around here we can use.

Son, why are you hanging out with carnies? You aren't even close to passing as a 12 year old girl, so what would they even want from you? Are you selling meth again??

Back