• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A man facing child abuse charges for allegedly seriously injuring an 11-month old girl pleaded no contest earlier this month.

Ethan Workman pleaded no contest, April 5, to one felony count of second-degree child abuse, records show.

Workman, 24, was originally charged with first-degree child abuse for allegedly seriously injuring his girlfriend’s 11-month-old daughter while she was being watched by him on July 25, 2016.

Workman had been watching the child at the woman’s home while his girlfriend was not present, police said previously. Officers were called to the residence for a “medical emergency,” according to dispatch records.

The girl had serious head injuries causing bleeding on her brain and behind her eyes and was taken to C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor for treatment, police said.

Investigators called the injuries "abusive head trauma," and Workman was charged several days later.

A man who abused an 11-month-old girl has been sentenced to one year in jail and four years of probation.

Ethan Workman, 25, was sentenced on one felony count of second-degree child abuse Wednesday, June 26, by Jackson Circuit Court Judge John McBain.

On July 25, 2016, Workman was watching his girlfriend’s daughter when the abuse occurred, police previously said.

The girl had serious head injuries causing bleeding on her brain and behind her eyes and was taken to C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor for treatment, police said.

Workman has worked with Child Protective Services and completed the programs it required, according to information presented during sentencing. McBain decided Workman can live with children while on probation if CPS approves the safety plan.

“CPS is in the job of protecting kids,” Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Kelsey McKinnie said. “If they’ve deemed that Mr. Workman is a fit parent and fit caregiver, I do somewhat defer to them. I would like as order of his probation to comply with whatever CPS says.”

Another probation requirement is three years of SCRAM Continuous Alcohol Monitoring.

I wonder if the mom of the 11 month old is waiting to re-open her legs to this baby beater.

"Between being arraigned in 2016 and being sentenced, Workman pleaded guilty in 2017 to impaired driving and was sentenced to 180 days in jail, and was found guilty of domestic violence second offense in April 2018 and sentenced to probation for 18 months, records show."

After what he did plus the above, I have zero faith this will turn out well if he is allowed to be with this or any other child. Sigh...

Back