A man facing child abuse charges for allegedly seriously injuring an 11-month old girl pleaded no contest earlier this month.
Ethan Workman pleaded no contest, April 5, to one felony count of second-degree child abuse, records show.
Workman, 24, was originally charged with first-degree child abuse for allegedly seriously injuring his girlfriend’s 11-month-old daughter while she was being watched by him on July 25, 2016.
Workman had been watching the child at the woman’s home while his girlfriend was not present, police said previously. Officers were called to the residence for a “medical emergency,” according to dispatch records.
The girl had serious head injuries causing bleeding on her brain and behind her eyes and was taken to C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor for treatment, police said.
Investigators called the injuries "abusive head trauma," and Workman was charged several days later.
Ethan Workman is scheduled for sentencing, June 19, before Circuit Judge John McBain.