• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office deputies caught a man who allegedly stole watermelons in the Rocky Mount area, officials said in a Facebook post.

When authorities responded to a theft report Friday, they say the suspect was found stuck in a field with a truckload of stolen watermelons.

Michael Anthony Bryant was arrested and charged with misdemeanor larceny, deputies say.

He was given a $500 secured bond and put in the Edgecombe County Detention Center.
1566688598848.png
1566688636755.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not know there was a black market for watermelon.
There is a black market for everything.

Selling home grown fruit and veggies is so easy. You just park your truck on the side of the road and people stop.
$7 per Mellon is what they get around here.

And then there is the cannabis Snipes that don't make the news because no one reports it.

There is a black market for everything.

Selling home grown fruit and veggies is so easy. You just park your truck on the side of the road and people stop.
$7 per Mellon is what they get around here.

And then there is the cannabis Snipes that don't make the news because no one reports it.
I could never sit on the side of the road for hours in the freak’n summer heat selling ANYTHING

I used to see $500 dollars worth of corn and apples in about 3 hours.

Of course there was other time invested. Picking and packing in boxes to get ready to go to town or farmers market.
I used to pick shell pack and can for my grandparents .. they grew EVERYTHING .. each year I got to pick something for my garden box .. it is absolutely some of my best memories ♥️ .. I would still have trouble in the Texas heat accomplishing that .. we’re topping out at 115 with heat index in the countryside and haven’t seen any or very little rainfall .. between heat boredom and ADD it’s a draw ...

I used to can everything when I had my farm in Minnesota.

My daughter and I grew a huge garden for canning our winter food. We had 2 hogs every year. One for our freezer and one to pay the butcher. We had 38 full grown full producing apple trees. We canned apple sauce, apple pie filling and juice. I so miss that life.
Now living in California, since October 2014 I have only made 3 batches of jam and jelly. So lazy now.

I used to can everything when I had my farm in Minnesota.

My daughter and I grew a huge garden for canning our winter food. We had 2 hogs every year. One for our freezer and one to pay the butcher. We had 38 full grown full producing apple trees. We canned apple sauce, apple pie filling and juice. I so miss that life.
Now living in California, since October 2014 I have only made 3 batches of jam and jelly. So lazy now.
We’ll storm the old farm and take it back by squatters rights if they won’t sell .. have @Alf check the legal stuff... lmao

One time, when I was bartending, there was this guy selling the best cantaloupe you ever had. I used to buy him drinks and burgers in exchange for some cantaloupe, for like a month solid. One day he comes in and says he isn't selling cantaloupe anymore, I ask why? He says, because Walmart found out I was reselling the cantaloupes and I can't buy them anymore...

Back