• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Deputies with the Baker County Sheriff's Office are investigating a case of animal abuse that left two dogs dead, and the details might be hard for some to read.

The couple who owned the two dogs -- Esa the Rottweiler and Pup-Pup the pit bull mix -- said their pets were tortured, killed and left on the side of an obscure dirt road.

On Saturday, Patrick Gagliardo and his fiancée, Jill Holloway, began searching for their dogs after they appeared to have chased another animal off the property.

"I started calling for them around our farm, and they were not coming back. They're usually not that unresponsive," Gagliardo said.

The couple said when they first started looking for the dogs, they heard several gunshots beyond a tree line. Two days later, the dogs' bodies were discovered 5 miles away along Wint Rewis Road, which the Sheriff's Office said is one of the least traveled roads in Baker County.

"A neighbor found the dogs and alerted Gagliardo. When he got closer to the scene, he realized the dogs were not just shot. He first saw Esa.

"I could tell somebody drug her, then lit her face on fire," Gagliardo said.

He also said the dog's legs were broken. As for Pup-Pup,

"He had been dragged, and he had been beaten," Gagliardo said. "He was beaten so bad I couldn't take his collar off."

"It's so emotional and so bad," Holloway said. "What kind of person does that?"

Broken legs are obvious. So are severe burn injuries. It'd make no sense to beat them and light them on fire AFTER shooting them. And if only the head of one was burned, the burning wasnt to hide evidence or something post-death.
I meant to say I don’t know how they can tell it’s been drugged just by looking at it when it was dead 5 days and had bees tortured.

When they catch whoever did it, I will personally come to Baker county and do the same to them. Only for a lot longer time.

June 24, 2019
Investigators with the Baker County Sheriff's Office have determined the deadly shootings of two dogs were justified.

The owners of Esa the Rottweiler, and Pup-Pup, the pit bull mix, said their animals were killed and dumped on the side of a dirt road.

According to the Sheriff's Office, the killings of the two animals were justified after the dogs went onto someone's property and went after children, adults and another family's pet.

Investigators said adults fought off the dogs with yard tools before one of the adults shot and killed the dogs. The dogs' bodies were found on the side of Wint Ruis Road.

If the dogs were aggressive than the shooter (s) were justified.

I feel for the family that lost their dogs and hope they are able to accept why the other family killed their dogs.

Last edited:
Back