• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Cpl. A.W. Scott of the West Virginia State Police arrested Erika Stire on Aug. 5 for child abuse.
SPELTER -- Erika Renee Stire, 24, of Spelter was arrested on Thursday, Aug. 5, by Cpl. A.W. Scott of the West Virginia State Police Crimes Against Children Unit, according to a news release from the state police.
Stire is being charged with two counts of child abuse causing serious bodily injury and one count of child neglect causing serious risk of injury.

She allegedly squeezed a 15-week-old infant in an attempt to stop him from crying, according to the news release.
The child suffered six broken ribs and a broken pelvis.

[...]
http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=84150

Yeah I always found NOT busting my kids bones tended to calm them a little bit better

How did squeezing his ribs break his pelvis? Let me guess. She squeezed his ribs in the air, then slammed his little butt down on a hard surface. I wonder if it had the desired effect. . .

Woman Sentenced on Child Neglect Charges
[...]
Erika Stire was given a 1-10 year sentence for one count of child neglect resulting in serious bodily injury.

She is being allowed to serve that sentence on home confinement. She was arrested last year for apparently squeezing her child too hard.
http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/home/local-news/11835-woman-sentenced-on-child-neglect-charges

I have never in my life ever heard of serving a 10 year jail sentence at home

Has anyone ever seen that???

Same here, Whisper. I think it's a cop out. Woman must have major issues, like fatitude or disabling diseases they don't think they can treat adequately in prison. If she's 1000 lbs, for instance, she's effectively a prisoner in her own home anyway.

http://www.wboy.com/story/16588982/2012/01/24/erika-stire-sentenced-to-1-to-10-years-of-home-confinement

CLARKSBURG -

Judge John Marks sentenced Erika Stire, 24, to one to 10 years of home confinement Tuesday.

Stire was charged with two counts of child abuse causing serious bodily injury and one count of child neglect causing serious risk of injury in August 2010. Stire struck a plea bargain and pleaded guilty to one charge of child neglect resulting in injury in November 2011.

During her sentencing, officials said Stire had admitted to squeezing an infant and breaking its ribs and pelvis because it was crying.

Stire's court-assigned counselor said she had "never had someone do so exceedingly well in an improvement period" during the sentencing hearing.

The Harrison County Prosecuting Attorney's office recommended two years of probation as a result of the plea bargain. Instead, Marks sentenced her to one to 10 years of home confinement. She is eligible for parole after one year.

"The court does not have a lot of sympathy for a parent who hurts a child," Marks said.

Stire is the mother of three children, who are now in the custody of their grandparents. Stire has visitation rights.

The judge is a bit off the wall...he says the court does not have sympathy for someone who hurts a child, then turns around and lets her serve her sentence at home....wtf??? And she is eligible for parole in a year.

May as well have told her to hold out her hand so he could slap her wrist, then send her home, saying don't do it again.

As for her having visitation with her children, I don't agree with it. She hurt her tiny, helpless child...I'd be curious to see what kind of damage she would cause to a child who could fight back.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002216216558
her facebook page

Little info

Basic Information

About Erika i work at hampton inn, i go see my kids and go home

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back