• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

gavelhandcuffs.jpeg

A Sylmar man in his 20s was arrested on suspicion of making false threats against the Los Angeles County Fair to avoid going to the fair with his parents, the Pomona Police Department said Saturday.
[...]

Pomona police and the FBI launched an investigation and narrowed the list of suspects down to three possible suspects within hours, then tracked the email to Erik Villasenor, the department said.

Tactical teams and Pomona police officers descended on the man’s house by Friday night.

“Through interviews, they were able to determine that he did send that statement to the fair, and ultimately determined it was a hoax,” Pomona Chief of Police Michael Olivieri Jr. said in a video posted online.

Villasenor was taken into custody and booked into a Pomona jail for making the false threat, authorities said.

“He felt that it was appropriate to send this threat, and we believe that it was with the intent that it would spark some chaos and commotion, and be captured on the media, and then he could use that as an excuse to his parents to not go to the fair,” the chief said. “Kind of a crazy thing.”

Police said the email sent to the fair read, “hello, I was told that someone was planning on doing a mass shooting on Sunday at the fairground. I just wanted to inform you guys already.”

The man is being held on $20,000 bail, according to county inmate records. The database lists his age as 24 years old, but the police chief said he is 22.

The department said it will be looking to seek reimbursement for the large amount of investigative resources devoted to the false threat.

[...]

The fair announced last month that it will be beefing up security with a $200,000 investment in the wake of several recent mass shootings, in
[...]
“It really provided us an opportunity to test the security systems that we worked so hard to create,” Santana said of Friday’s events.

Fair officials asked community members not to be discouraged by the incident, and assured them that the fair is secure.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
What an idiot. That's not a threat! All he had to do was stick to that story. I overheard something. Dunno who said it. I was trying to do the right thing.

Then again, this is a 20-something who doesn't have the balls to tell Mommy and Daddy "no thanks," so it probably took all of two seconds to bully the truth out of him.

Makes me wonder what kind of overbearing assholes the parents might be. And how long he's grounded for now.

Back