• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Deputies say a Davidson County man is charged with murder and felony child abuse in the death of his 3-month-old daughter.

The Davidson County Sheriff's Office says deputies responded to a home in Denton in reference to a baby who was not conscious and not breathing.

EMS took the little girl to the hospital where she died from her injuries.

Investigators say the child's death was caused by physical abuse from her father, Brandon Dean Patton.
1567120390229.png

1567120851368.png

Last edited:
She was so precious

Mom has not changed her status yet.

@Sugar Cookie I remember when all mine were that little.. makes you want to scoop any baby that age up and just hug them and hear them coo.. I tell my grandson every time I see him ‘Oh Grammy’s missed the smell of her chunky monkey - come give me big boy hugs!’...

A Davidson County family who are dealing with unimaginable heartache are now having to warn people of scammers.

3-month-old Alyssa Patton was found dead after deputies say her father physically abused her.

Less than 24 hours after Alyssa’s death, her mother reported to FOX8 that a fake GoFundMe page was going around on social media.

The scam is labeled, “Mama’s Little Angel by Michael Irwin.”

The person behind the page claims to be collecting money for Alyssa’s funeral expenses.

Alyssa’s mother responded on Facebook by saying: “ This is not for my daughter!! Whoever done this I am reporting you!! I’ve got my daughter’s arrangements!! Do not donate to this false Go Fund Me.”

She was so precious

Mom has not changed her status yet.

I'm suspicious of people who loudly proclaim that their kids are their "world" but you'd never know from their actions.

Alyssa’s mother, Pamela, said Patton was instructed to watch Alyssa while she dropped her son off at school.

She sat down with FOX8 Friday morning to describe the horrific moment she came back home.

“He called me on the phone and said I need you here now,” Pamela said as she remembered what Patton told her. “I was pulling in the driveway and he said I need you to be in here now.”

Pamela said she hadn’t even fully entered the home when Patton ran to here with Alyssa in his arms.

“I grabbed her from him and she was completely lifeless," Pamela said.

The terrified mother took her daughter out to the front yard where she performed CPR until paramedics arrived on scene.

“Did she have an accident? Why are there bruises right there?” Those are questions Pamela was asked as first responders worked on her baby girl, but she had no idea what they were talking it.

Pamela explained that she was under the impression that her daughter had an unexpected medical situation.

“I noticed she was blue, but I thought that was from her not being able to breathe," Pamela said.

Doctors worked on stabilizing Alyssa’s vital signs and heartbeat.

But, despite their best efforts, Alyssa passed away.

Pamela was left with the grief of losing her daughter and then finding out the horrific details of what authorities believe Brandon Patton did to her.

“Going from being that loving devoted father to something so horrific and tragic like this . . . I just can’t,” Pamela said.

She said Alyssa’s father never showed signs of aggression toward her, her two young boys or Alyssa.

Alyssa was born a miracle baby on May 20, 2019. Pamela had always wanted a baby girl and grew up attached to the name ‘Alyssa’.

But, after she had her two boys, doctors told her she would not be able to have another child.

“She’s a little miracle in herself!” Panela said.

For Pamela, every morning was a step against the impossible.

For now, the grief-stricken mother wants people to know that her baby girl was going to be an enormous light to the world. And that she will see to it that justice is done for Alyssa.

Alyssa’s funeral is planned for Tuesday September 3.

Back